Richard.....

Volhunter

Reaction score
Didn't want you to think I wasn't going to keep you up to date. I haven't had time to change the diode around yet. I hope to get it done this weekend. If I don't, it will be the following weekend before I get a chance. Gotta go out of town all next week on business. I'll let you know how it turns out though...and thanks again to you, Jesse and the rest of the gang for all your help!

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Okay, have a good trip. I will probably drop out for a while when I'm up in the Redwoods fly fishing for steelhead (half-pounders).

gizz

Reaction score
Sure do like to rub it in huh Richard?:[

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Yeah, San Francisco is the starting point, and then the North Coast Rivers all the way up to Alaska are fantastic.

Volhunter

Reaction score
Richard, I think I would rather be on your trip than the one I am going on! I week of work in Tulsa and OK City isn't exactly what I would call fun! Oh well! Hope you have a great trip...and catch a few for me!

Volhunter

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to reverse the direction of the diode and it works!!! Thanks! I did that late the night before I went out of town for a week and just got back last night. I can't wait to button it all up and get it camo'd. One more question. I think I might have messed up on cutting a hole for the sensor. I cut a hole roughly the size of the lense, when I think I should have just drilled a 1 to 1-1/8" hole. It is a little left of the camara lense and I am afraid it will trip out of the camara's field of view. What is the best way to cover part of the sensor lense if I need to adjust its detection field? I thought I could just use electrical tape, but what do you recommend?

Possum

Reaction score
I used duct tape because the electrical tape can come off in a heavy rain.  I haven't had the duct tape come off yet.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Volhunter - I was up in the Redwoods fly fishing for steelhead, and missed your message. Glad to have been able to help with the diode, and the only reason I knew about it, is because I have made that mistake many times. I use a 5/8" Diameter hole for my sensor, because I like to see the animal centered in the picture. However, it's a matter of choice, and I have seen some pretty good shots with animals off to the side. All you have to do is cut a 5/8" hole in your cammo tape to correct a larger hole in the enclosure.

mudroller

Reaction score
how about glueing a 5/8" diameter washer to the opening? then if it is too small or too big, you can change the washer.

Top Bottom