RIP drake

D9BUCKKLR

Today is a really sad day. my best friend bryan aka DRAKE11 on jesses had the day off so he went duck hunting. on his way home he jumped a covey a quail. while he was chaseing them there was a canal next to where he was. his lab drake jumped in. when my friend heard him get in the water he looked and noticed there was a whirlpool where the water was draining out. like a bathtub i guess, it was too late his dog drake was caught in the current and pulled down. my buddy was about to go after him but thank god he realized he would most likely drown as well. DRAKE was a great lab he was a good hunting dog in his prime. my heart goes out to my buddy he is really upset. I can't stop thinking about him so I thought I would write to you guys. RIP drake!! I hope there's a lot of birds in heaven!! my guess is there are.

bulldogdad

Very sad indeed. Condolences to your friend on his loss. I know it would devastate my family if our lab were lost under such circumstances. Amazing how they become part of the family.:(

STEVE IN SOCAL

This is the third story I've heard of dogs drowning in canals. I REFUSE to hunt the IV with my dogs for this reason. I'm sorry for Drake...my thoughts for his family.BUMMER

THE LAB GUY

RIP Drake sorry to hear that, that would be tough go in after him or size it up. I hate when things don't add up in the way you want. Know what he is going thru just had to put down one of my dogs 2 months ago. The Lab Guy

superduty

I remember when I posted losing my Jadey girl. Rest in peace Drake, you went out doing the very thing you loved with the person you loved.

D9BUCKKLR

thanks alot guys. yeah it's really sad deal. I know bryan better then anyone so when he told me he could not go in after him I knew it had to be really dangerous. because he would do anything for him or for any dog for that matter. even a stangers. he said it happened really fast. I guess he droped his gun and ran around to where the water was draining out the other side but it was to late when he poped out the other side :( when me and bryan were kids his dads dog had a litter. his dad always took us hunting before we could drive. when I asked to buy a pup his dad gave me one. he grew old as did his brother rio that brayn picked from the litter. they are both gone now. so years later when my dog sage had a litter I told bryan it was my turn to return the favor, so I gave him pick of the litter. he picked DRAKE. he was a big blocky headed bright white yellow. two weeks ago drake his mom sage and I were hunting chuckar. drake had two retrieves for me. that was the last time I saw him. but your right he got to go doing what he loved.

gundogs

Happy hunting Drake may you rest in peace. Sorry to hear of your loss it is really hard to loose a hunter,companion and friend all at once.

Top Bottom