Road kill

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
I wonder if the Offical Measures kit comes with a nose plug

DanV

Reaction score
Don't be so harsh , one man's road kill is another man's BBQ !

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
I don't care if it is BBQ'd, I just don't see why road kill needs a record book.

Where's the skill in hitting an animal with your car?

ltdann

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gunslingergirl @ May 1 2008, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't care if it is BBQ'd, I just don't see why road kill needs a record book.

Where's the skill in hitting an animal with your car?[/b]
It's not about intentionally trying to hit the animal. I'm guessing the thought process goes something like:

"well, Joe, that buck really made a mess outta the buick." "Yeah, but what a nice rack, seems a waste not to be able to score it"

And of course, there is the BBQ potential.

Orygun

Reaction score
GSG,

Let's face it. Guys start with "mine is bigger than yours" from about the first time they had to shower in gym class. Some never outgrow it. they apply it to all things in life. take just about any two guys, let them go get one each of any animate or inanimate object and they will start measuring it to see whose is bigger by whatever criteria is agreed upon.

Measuring roadkill is not far removed form measuring sheds which is not far from measuring harvested animals. Many here are obsessed with measurements. And that is great, as it adds another dimension to their outdoor pursuits.

A measuring system does give one a framework as to the general size of whatever the animal being measured is. I met a guy who shot a 196 inch green-scored B&C muley. Green as in killed minutes before. A 6X5 with the missing point freshly busted off by another buck. Otherwise a perfectly symmetrical buck. I know have a mental guage to go by when reading or talking to others who use numbers to describe it. Measurements should never be the be all or end all to hunting. But guys are guys, so there you have it.

It if is merely a spoof site, then it has done its job well.

Some folks are obsessed with roadkill. I took several natural history courses at a community college in glendora, CA. There was a couple in their late 20s early 30s that one could easily describe as REI enthusiasts. As I recall neither hunted. However, the liked to collect hides to cure and admire. They easily broke several game code rules, but they did have a closet full of excellent bobcat and coyote rugs they made themselves.

Gunslingergirl

Reaction score
You're probably right Orygun. (And how sad is it that I just got your screen name for the first time?)

Still doesn't make much sense to me, but that could be because I'm not a guy.

DanV

Reaction score
You can put " FOUND " racks/ heads in the record books , why not road kill , don't really see why anybody would want to enter either !

Gunslingergirl , I was just joshin about the BBQ remark .

Top Bottom