Robo Dove, fer or agin?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I just saw the Robo Dove in my new fall Cabela's

Allright, all you slimeballs who ordered one, stand up to be counted.  :wavin:  You'll be the ruination of the sport.

I wonder if it will suck in doves like the moto duck. Anybody use one yet?

From Cabela's

Mojo Dove Motorized Decoy

If you hunt waterfowl, chances are you've already heard about or experienced the incredible effectiveness of motorized decoys. Their realistic spinning wings and specially postured bodies draw birds in from distances you really have to see to believe. Now dove hunters too can take advantage of that same incomparable, nearly unbelievable in-the-field operation and attract even the most distant doves to their blind. Crafted with Mojo's famous 6-volt dual-shaft direct-drive system, the Mojo Dove delivers quiet, reliable appearance, and the tough corrugated-PVC wings accurately simulate the action of a landing dove. Set comes complete with decoy body, 6-volt dual-shaft motor, corrugated-PVC wings, aluminum wing shafts and support pole. Operates on 6-volt battery (not included).

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Not I, I seriously thought it was a joke when I first saw the ad.

fpscabs

Reaction score
what happened to empty plastic soda bottles painted gray on a string.  You need robo, just pull the string. They will spin around.   AMERICAN HUNTER has an article that says to throw dirt clods to pull them in--go figure   Always thought they were used to be thrown by my older bro at my tree house.

SoCalTed

Reaction score
the doves I hunt fly way to fast to notice another dove on the ground!

hntndux

Reaction score
I hate to tell you guys this, but they work twice as good as a moto duck!  I've used one of my own design for 3 years now and it's almost comical how well it works.  I use it along with some decoys after the first few days of the season and use it alot during the second half which is when I came up with the idea.  I have a spot where the dove migrate through in the 100's each day during the last couple of weeks of the second half.  Trouble is, these dove are flying over 100yds up and not stopping.  Well, one day I scraped one down that was flying a little lower than the rest and it was a head shot so the dove took a while to flutter down.  I was amazed to see the next flock come swoopping down at it.  Well, now I have a moto that will bring in nearly every flock!  I found the wing color to be the real key.  My first design had every pigeon within 5 miles hovering around me and the dove wouldn't give it a second look.  Now I've got the colors right and the pigeons don't even notice it and the dove can't help themselves...  I was hoping this wouldn't catch on and be my own little nasty secret.

Tominator

Reaction score
Speaking of nasty little secrets, email me those colors (for research purposes only, of course).
Tominator

Top Bottom