Robo Dove

duckhunter

Reaction score
Walked in the local sporting goods store today and, What did I see? None other than a robo dove. Thought it was just a joke but no they were selling them. I cant see how anybody would want or need to hunt dove with a robo.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I saw an advertisement in WON last week.  I couldn't believe.  With the amount of birds I'm around, I wouldn't even consider it.  

Unbelievable!!!!!

BigDog

Reaction score
I have had a favorite phrase for years. That is if you can make something new that is inexpensive to make, you will be able to sell enough to make some money off of it.

Nowadays, if you can advertise it, you can sell a few of them.

Does not mean that they are worthwhile. Just a comment on people with money in their wallet....lol

hntndux

Reaction score
Wellllll, since I see they're out I might as well come clean.  I made my robo dove a few years ago and the days of pass shooting are done.  It's a total blast to have 5-20 dove with wings cupped sailing into my 6-12 decoy spread.  It took me awhile to figure the wing color out, but once I got it they won't leave it alone.  I originally made mine for the late season, where I hunt I'd see wave after wave of doves flying 100-150yds up during December and just couldn't figure out how to get them interested.  Then one day I scraped one out of the sky with a head shot and it fluttered in the air about 40yds for a few seconds and then fell to the ground, the next wave of doves swooped right in on top of me and that's when I came up with the idea to use one for doves.

Kentuck

Reaction score
I saw my first one in this year's Herter's cataloge. When will it end!!

grizz

Reaction score
I was looking to buy some more dove deks but could fine any locally. One store had Robo Doves so I bought one, I'm going to set it up on a levee, and or a sandbar and see what happends. Who's used them before? I heard they work, but never seen or used them before.

DKScott

Banned
Reaction score
My friend picked up two. Maybe not a classic hunting experience, but we'll see how they work. PETA got one thing right; dove hunting really is basically target practice - with very, very tasty targets!

Scott

Top Bottom