Rossi 357/38 cal

perdizgunner

Reaction score
Howdy Boys,
I've got a lot of good 38 special ammo and almost all the rifles and pistols I need (can never have too many fine double barrel shotguns though...). Let me get to the point, big five has a lever action Rossi for this caliber in the mid five hundred$$ range and I needs a rifle that I never have to buy ammo for that I can take along for the ride when I'm bird hunting ifin I need a little extra security. I don't like taking my garand or m-14 out each hunting trip cause if something happened to either I would cry and then worry too much for the possible damage either could do in the wrong hands to good folks....
Anyway, years ago the rossi rifles had lousy quality control and it was hit or miss. i would appreciate your input on the actualized Rossi products. I know there are some subject matter experts on Jesse's forums
Thank you kindly,
M.

solus

Reaction score
I have a 357mag revolver its been fine dad had it for atleast 10 years with no problem but back then it was a different company importing them

#1Predator

Reaction score
Stick with a Marlin, especially if you plan on shooting any kind of heavy .357 hunting load. Just my 2 cents.

perdizgunner

Reaction score
Solus and 1Predator,
I appreciate your input, hopefully I will see some options at the next gunshot but if not then I will have to go with the Rossi cause I have to burn up some 38 ammo. Maybe some yenaldlooshi will offer himself as a target next time I'm camping in the high desert.::JHO rocks:

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
I just got the Rio Grande in 45-70 Govt. Thus far the fit & finish appears to be better than any Remlin.

perdizgunner

Reaction score
Damn sweet little gun, I finally shot my new Rossi lever action. I did learn that you can't lever cock the gun with the muzzle facing up, the rifle has to be cocked horizontally in order to eject the spent round and cycle the next round. Easily hit targets to 100 yards although I know that this is the max distance advisable for hunting 38 and 357. Great little camp rife which will accompany me on all my bird hunting trips just in case.

1USD

Reaction score
I have a Winchester Trapper chambered in .357 Magnum and I love it. As far as Rossi's go, my friend has one chambered in 45LC and he loves it. Says it's dead on accurate, one of his favorite rifles.

Top Bottom