Rossi Lever actions

Rick

Reaction score
I picked up a Rossi M-92 In .44 mag when Big Five was closing them out. I really wanted one in .45 Colt but couldn't pass up he close out deal and there were no .45s available. My 17-year old son and I love the gun, though it kicks a bit with hot magnum loads so I load up some mid-range .44 mag loads (or hot .44 SPL loads in magnum cases) for fun shooting. Then, a week ago, I get a lead on a used one in.45 Colt for a bargain price, so I put it into jail at Turner's in Orange. The .45 version is a "pre-safety" version so I lacks the safety switch on top of the action. I am looking forward to shooting the new one and it will match my Ruger flat top perfectly. My son is already trying to claim it as a match for my Uberti, that he prefers.

inchr48

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I love my Marlin 1894 in 44 mag. It is whitetail poison. Have fun shooting your Rossi. Are you casting bullets for your reloads? I got a good deal some time back on the XTP 240 grainers, so shoot those in my Marlin, TC Contender, and muzzleloaders.

Rick

Reaction score
I don't do my own casting, but I shoot a lot of cast bullets, mainly from Missouri Bullets. I've used some of their newer .44 200 gr coated bullets in the .44 Rossi for plinking and informal target shooting with W-231 powder a hot .44 SPL, mild .44 mg levels in mag cases avoid fouling or lead build-up the chamber. They make it pleasant to shoot.

Top Bottom