Zeke

Reaction score
I stopped by the local RS to get a sensor today and they didnt have any....and couldnt get anymore.....said they were discontinued  I had to drive 20 miles to another RS that had 5. What are we gonna do now???? First the Owl PF gets scarce..now the sensor.

I saw some IR motion detectors that RS had..looked sorta like the MS 20 ones....runs off of 12 volts. Has anyone tried these???   Z

(Edited by Zeke at 3:14 pm on June 14, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Zeke,

If it is the one I used years ago don't get it.  It draws 15mA idle and starts out at 25mA when powered up.  It works fine but it is a power hog of all power hogs.  It has a relay output built in with terminal connectors inside.  You can adjust the sensing distance by moving the board just like AEH found out while centering his sensor.  It comes with multiple lens too.  It was designed for house hold security and has wire cut protection built in and so forth.  Very much over kill.

I would stay away from it as far as battery drain is concerned.  8 C cells would only last a week or so.

Passthru

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
 Well my radio shack has 4 on the shelf for $24.99 if you want one let me know and ill go get it,otherwise the Wal-mart sensor is going to get famous here for us,i may go buy all 4 of these just in case.

Zeke

Reaction score
Thanks Passthru...but I bought 2 of the 5..and will probally go back next week and get the rest if theyre still there.

I got an Owl PF at Kmart today for 42.99...only one they had though.

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
i'm glad i bought a coupla extra "spares" last april when they were on sale for $9.99, that was probably the prelude to discontinuing them.
gumbo

ToddP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just picked up 2 of the 4 that were on the shelf.  Doesn't seem to be an issue here.

ToddP

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I don't use RS 49-425 but I called the 3 closest Radio Shacks and they said that they were all sold out and wouldn't be getting anymore in since they are discontinued. I thought I would just check and see incase anyone was looking for some and wanted me to pick a couple up for them.

ToddP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Confirmed.  Discontinued about ten days ago.  I went ahead and bought the last two.

ToddP

ToddP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cell phones, computers, radio controlled cars and BATTERIES!!!!!!

"Do you need a batter for that sensor?

kmitch

Reaction score
I think I have two of those Quorum's. I bought them back when I was thrashing around on my own trying to build a game camera without the guidance of this board. Mine were from All Electronics. They have a built-in rf transmitter for wireless use. Seems like there were instructions with it on how to get it to drive a LED. It was interesting because it ran off a 9 volt battery so I assume it was pretty miserly on current. I considered getting a board from Hamiltoe and salvaging the PIR and fresnel lens from one of these. Seems like the sensitivity may be adjustable also.

Keith  

Dbworld

Reaction score
I saw 4 last night too.  I still have two left from the $9.95 sale.   Were hard to find when they were cheap.

Top Bottom