RS #49-426

WREPOST

Reaction score
Please do not bash me for being new and trying to catch up on a topic that all of you have surely masterd by now......
<----I hate to be "that guy"

What I was wondering has to do with the 49-426 hack job.
Do I still need one of the timer relays in here somewhere or has that been taken care of already. I do not want 30 pics of the same deer. I have the OTTO Ammo Can drawing and am able to make it out ok. But if I need a relay to break the cycle of multi pics I am at a loss. I know there are tech drawings and diagrams on here but I am "that guy" again and do not understand them. Is there another RS # that will solder in here easily that I can pic up if need be.
Thanks,
William

Killet

Reaction score
Hi ya, I am running a 49-426 now on a canon owl af cam, it will take a pic as fast as the flash capicitor on the camera will recharge, about every 4-5 seconds. I use this camera on trails and scrapes. Hopefully a deer passing on a trail will keep moving and I wont get more than 2 pics of him but I should get every deer that passes by. If I put it on a scrape, where it is right now as we speak, if a big buck comes in and works the scrape I wont mind getting 20 pics of him :)

I cannot use this camm on a feed plot or food pile tho as it will use all the film fast.

Think about how your going to use the cam, if you want it for cornpiles then I would suggest adding some more money to the 26 bux your gonna spend on the 426 and get a controller board for around 50 bux. You'll be glad you did in the long run.
If your can get by using the cam as a trail cam where animals are passing by and not lingering then the 426 without a delay board should work OK. Of course theres always a chance that one coon or doe will stand there watching the flash until it stops :p

GL

Top Bottom