RS PIR 5/8 or 3/4 from fresnel Lens?

cgchris99

Reaction score
I have been reading post on this site regarding the distance between the RS Pir sensor and the fresnel lens.

On this board it was mentioned many times that 5/8 from the sensor to the fresnel is what you want.  But when I checked it the way it is fromt he factory it is 3/4 or maybe a touch more.

Comments?

Thanks

deadcell

Reaction score
I just finished my first camera last night and i stuck with what Jesse and everybody else said 5/8 of an inch and it works great!! I used the RS 429 pir and remover the fresnal lens from the case and flattened it out. Then i glued it into the inside of my camera enclosure. Then i took some sandpaper and sanded down the front side of the stock pir sensor housing until it was flush with the inside edge of where the fresnal lens used to fit. Then i glued that housing up against the fresnal lens with the pir sensor board mounted inside it on the little tracks that it uses to keep it straight and level. And it works great. Just be sure and glue the sensor board in with a little hotglue so the distance from the sensor to the lens doesn't change. Hotglue is good for this because if you ever need to take it out the glue can be pryed off pretty easy. Hope this helps DC

Top Bottom