RS PIR...Again

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I searched the forum for RS pir notes, and read Tinhorn's classic...RS PIR notes. In there, it describes lifting a leg on r-14, and hooking the timer up through the speaker wires.  I used to hook them up using the pin #2 of the big IC, is this the "standard" now for modifying the rs pir? And my second question is, how do you hook up the test/walk LED using the r-14/speaker wire combination? Sorry if this is "old" news, but I was getting kind of confused with trying to modify my new sensor.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
h2obobh2o,

Here is one way to hook up the RS PIR using a relay, following the PIR note's instructions will provide a 30 second delay between pix's.

The relay stays activated the whole 30 seconds so is a little hard on a 9v transistor radio battery.  I'm not sure how long the battery would last but it'd be pretty long, depending on how many pix's were taken per day or week.  4 "C" cells would work too and would last a LOT longer.  Leave out the 200 ohm resistor (R1) if you run the PIR off 6volts (4-cells)

Tinhorn

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Thanks again Tinhorn, I was hoping I would get a reply from you!! You are the man!! I don' t know what we would do without you and some of the others on here!  Thanks.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Bob,

Have you tied Brian's board yet?  I can give you a demo if you want.  I have one wired all up.  Let me know and we can meet at lunch sometime.

Todd

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I sent you a pic of how I wire mine. I can't post it directly so hope it helps. MC.

Top Bottom