RS PIR and Round "On" Switch Model owl ?

mole

Reaction score
First I would like to say hello to everyone. I have been reading this board for a while now, it has been a great place to learn and discover new things.

I have built 2 cameras already and I was planning on a 3rd. This time I would like to use a RS PIR and one of my date owls with the round on switch. Does this combo work or do I need an owl pf?

thanks
Mike

StringShooter

Reaction score
I have not used an Owl AF with the RS pir but I sure don't see a problem. I used the Owl AF with the MS20 but changed the cameras when we mastered the Owl Pf.

The AF & PF should work with all sensors.

Possum

Reaction score
Works great.  I built my first cam with that setup. I love the RS PIR.  Sucks very little battery juice.  Use this OWL on trails where you won't need a strong flash.  It works good if the distance isn't too great.

gizz

Reaction score
Agree 100%. The older owl with dial is bullet proof in my books. I have 2 cams with the older owl and the pics are fine albeit slightly darker. Very exceptable results nonetheless.

ONESHOT

Reaction score
I've built 3 cameras now: first two with owl pf and last one with an owl af (round on switch).  The owl af was by far the easiest to modify.  

I would definitely recommend using that camera.  The only drawback is that the flash isn't as strong.

I used the RS pir in all three.  No problems.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom