rs pir cheaper?

MBullism

Reaction score
How did you find that?  Sure looks like it.. I saw where they come in lots of 100, but didn't see a price...

M

swampfox

Reaction score
just did a major search.we need to find out how to get them because i figure there is giant mark up.

swampfox

Reaction score
i also found the same thing manufactured by a company called Everspring. the pir is the Everspring mini-alarm. I found one company that sells it but they want 24.95.... too much money. i would imagine if everyone got to looking we would find it cheaper. Also i emailed a couple companies to try to get some prices. they are all overseas.....edited: we need everyone to try and find these. a group effort to save the money!...mike

(Edited by swampfox at 2:13 pm on Mar. 3, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
swampfox,

Nice find. I got a friend that imports bamboo from there I will phone him and see if he can import some of these. CHEAP

:smiley-thumbs-up:

swampfox

Reaction score
davered1. let us know. ill bet you can get these things for a few bucks each in bulk.

Rooter

Reaction score
I am going to try to get in touch with one of the companies.  I am a teacher and often can get things in the interest of using as a class project.  i will let you guys know.  I like the RS-PIR better except for the price.

swampfox

Reaction score
rooter ,im in touch with the company. just trying to see how small an order i have to make. looks like a large discount. probably about 12-15 bucks after shipping. i just posted a new thread to see what kind of demand for them there would be on the forum.

Rooter

Reaction score
I will buy some.  Let me know if I can help.  I do want some.  Life is getting better every day!  Now for a camera equivalent to OWL PF Date for 20 bucks and everything would be perfect in the world :)

Archilochus

Reaction score
That sure does look the same as the RS sensor.  There are a couple possibles problems with the given specifications though....

It claims a *MAX* detection of 8m(~24ft) - I know the RS PIR can do better than that!

Also, this quote from the website - if correct - suggests this might be a different prodcut internally.
QUOTE from website:
"...This product is adopted the high sensitivity detector, integrated circuit and SMT technology;"  ENDQUOTE

The RS PIR does NOT use SMT (surface mount) parts.  This quote could just be a mistake on their part though.

Archilochus

TmKarren

Reaction score
I would be interested in buying a couple.  were is the thread that you posted?  Thanks I'll try using a couple of them.  Thanks for the time you spent searching the web to make our hobbies better.......

swampfox

Reaction score
arch, your the electronics pro. do you really think its a mistake? maybe this company just uses the same housing. boy that would be a bummer,huh?

swampfox

Reaction score
i agrre tinhorn. maybe i can get them to send me sample and i can run a test on it,in my next cam . hahahaha

bat

Reaction score
Ok guys, I got them to send me a picture of the internal board.  
Tinhorn.... I will send you an e-mail with the picture hope you don't mind and let you post it if needed.  It does look different somewhat from the RS PIR.  I also got the following message in return for my request for information:  Dear sir:
       Thanks for your prompt reply. If the quantity is above 1000 PCS, we provide the price FOB Ningbo: 3.45 USD/unit. CIF Georgia: 3.75 USD/unit. The picture of the PCB is in the enclosure. That's all,thank you in advance. Should there be any question, please feel free to contact me.
Best regards for you
Yours sincerely
Li jianbin
I will send them another e-mail asking about the samples.  I think this may be another company other than the one swampfox may be contacting.  I got a reply from them they want $20 including shipping for each ''sample'' hmmmm.  Someone take a look at the picture that davered1 is going to post to see if it would be worth trying.

Well I couldn't send it to Tinhorn the server wouldn't take it at your address..anybody else able to receive it and maybe post it?

(Edited by bat at 5:08 pm on Mar. 4, 2002)

(Edited by bat at 7:58 pm on Mar. 4, 2002)

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
THIS IS WHAT IVE FOUND OUT...
SINCE 1000 UNITS IS THE MINIMUM AT 12 BUCKS OR SO.  PAY MORE SAY A BUCK EXTRA FOR 100 OF THEM.
" MY STORE ONLY SALES A SMALL QUANITY OF SECURITY EQUIPMENT EACH MONTH AND FOR ME TO SURVIVE 1000 IS WAY TOO MANY. ON THE FLIP SIDE I WILL BE WILLING TO PAY EXTRA FOR LESS. I HAVE HAD RQUESTS FOR THESE IN OUR AREA BUT I HAVE NONE TO SELL. I APPRECIATE THE RESPONSE."
TEN RUN DOWN TOWN AND GET YA A BUSINESS LICENSE FOR THE SHIPMENT TO BE SENT TO NOT A PERSONAL NAME..YA HAVE TO LOOK LAGIT....
ID TYPE SOMETHIN LIKE THAT FOR A LETTER TO THEM...
THANKS BOHUNTER

(Edited by BOHUNTER at 6:11 pm on Mar. 4, 2002)

Top Bottom