RS PIR - distance

trjones

Reaction score
I'm in Fl. and the temp is in the 90's.  I'm only getting 10'-12' range on my sensor.  Is this because of the heat or is my battery going bad?  I have read that the RS sensor can be hooked to a 12vdc.  Will this improve my range?  The close range does make for good pic's.  I just got my 1st roll back.  I'll have the pics posted in a couple of days.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi TRJ,
Heat can do it - or if the cam got knocked around - the Fresnel lens might have been kicked out of alignment. Hooking it up to 12 VDC will not help range at all. Weak batts could cause loss of sensitivity or other instability.

Archilochus

buckmarkhnter

Reaction score
I have a ms-20 with owl pf ,9.6 volt battery, set in a tree facing my sidewalk.  In the heat of the day temp in the 90's, it will pick up motion about 25 ft.   at night when it cools into the 70's  I am getting around 40 ft range.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Trjones,Welcome to JHP. I use the RSPIR and the heat will bring the range down to 10' to 15'. This is normal  to all six of mine. I set them all up in cool spots (along creek banks and deep woods)and can get about 20' to 25' in the day and 35' at night. LOL

Top Bottom