RS Pir False triggers

JEG

Reaction score
Just completed wiring my Radio Shack sensor and it triggers on its own and will not stop triggering. Has anyone else had this problem? I am using a new 9v alkaline battery that checks out at 9.5v. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

JEG

Reaction score
I also have the relay wired to pin two on the big chip.

Possum

Reaction score
There may be a loose connection somewhere.  It will drive you crazy,

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
Does it still trip with the sensor covered? I would check the battery connections if it does.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Also try unplugging the battery, switch the RS PIR to OFF, install the battery, wait one minute before turning the unit ON to alarm or chime. The RS PIR must be allowed to warm up in the OFF position before the switch is turned on. This is a good reason not to put an ON/OFF switch in the battery leads.

davered1

Reaction score
check for loose pieces of solder shorting something out

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I HAVE THE ON OFF SWITCH IN THE BATTERY LEADS AND IT SEEMS TO WORK OK. ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SWITCH IN THE BATTERY LEADS. IF SO I MAY NEED TO CHANGE MINE BEFORE I HAVE A PROBLEM. DEER LEASE IS 90 MILES AWAY. I HAVE TO HAVE A DEPENDABLE UNIT.

ARKBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
I had a problem with mine that I just fixed last night.  The PIR would activate the camera and continue to take a whole roll of film.  I was told that it might be the reed relay sticking.  I replaced that and at the same time discovered that I had put the switch from the battery to the PIR on the negative wire instead of the positive.  I should have used my color printer to print the instructions.  So one of the 2 things I did fixed it.  Check your wiring if that looks okay you might try another reed relay.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
ARKBOWHUNTER

Altho it's "probably" bad practice, putting the switch in the Negative battery wire won't cause any problems.   It would have worked just fine.

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom