RS-PIR Hole Size

Rooter

Reaction score
I have found threads about hole size for the MS20 to peer through, but have been unable to find any on the Radio Shack.  I have always mounted the sensor on the outside, but want to mount it on the inside for a cleaner look.  Is a round hole OK or should I use a square one?  Also, how big?

Rooter

(Edited by Rooter at 11:03 pm on April 7, 2002)

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
i cut a rectangular hole about 1" height by 1.75 " w. just proportional to the fresnal lens but enought overlap to use silicone sealant. i seal it on the inside facing out. one thing to be careful of is the shiny side should point toward the target (out) u loose some sensitiviy if you put the rought side out.
gumbo

SHARP SHOOTER

Reaction score
Rooter,
I had mine mounted with a 1.15"x1.15" square hole. If I were to make another using the RS PIR I would make the same size only I would make it round. (I think it looks a little better.) My $.02

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
Rooter,
On my first cam I made a 1/2" round hole and on the second one I used a 1 1/4" hole.  Both seem to work fine.  I actually prefer to use the 1/2'' hole because the deer are right in front of the camera.  With the larger 1 1/4" hole I sometimes get pictures with deer at the edges of the photos.  I plan to make my next one arround 3/4", I will let you know how that works out.
-Scott-

bat

Reaction score
1" round on mine, it get all the coverage I need.

(Edited by bat at 10:43 pm on April 7, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
rooter,

Hole size is more dependant on what camera you are going to use. If you are using the PF you should probably run  a 1" to allow for the delay in flash, you will have some pics of animals not centered but if you lessen hole you could end up with the heads missing off some animals. If it's the round switch owl or the older AF's,snappy lx's then I use a 3/4 inch hole to keep animals centered.

All mine are round

Dave

(Edited by davered1 at 12:21 am on April 8, 2002)

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I use 3/4" holes on mine with the Owl AF's round switch, like davered1 said it works fine.

Rooter

Reaction score
I am using a PF for 3 of the cams and an AF for 3 more.  This is just the info I needed.  Thanks for the help.

Rooter

Advertisement

Top Bottom