RS PIR on Clearance

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I was out at RS last night looking at sensors, I noticed they had the shelves stocked up with the "replacement" model. I looked on the shelf below, and they had the 49-425 on clearance for $9.99. I should have bought them all, but I could only pick up one at the time. Looks like I need to visit some of the other area stores:smile-big-blue:

BTW,

Has anyone figured out if the replacement model can be "hacked"?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi CB,
Check for a recent post from Isaac - seems that the new model is hacked the same way.

Archilochus

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Coyotebandit...

Thanks for the tip, I went around to the three local radio shacks, and bought the remaining three 49-425's for the low price of 9.97!!I will put them to good use!!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Bob,

Colonial Park Mall RS didn't have any, did they?  

At least they didn't after I left. :smile-big-blue:

schnide

Reaction score
The RS pir sensor 49-425 is a discontinued model, does anyone know what the replacement model number is?  ... and if it is the same board and wiring as the 49-425 ?
thanks

quackmaster

Reaction score
I think the new model is 49-426. I have no idea if they share the same board or not, never ever opened one.
The old model is getting pretty thin around here also.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Todd--
 I should have know better than to waste my time going over there!!!They had 0, but I did get one from RS over by Dick's, one from Union Deposit, and one from the RS over by Wal-mart. I thought to myself....I bet Todd came over at lunch and scarfed them up at the mall!

The replacement from RS is 49-426, it looks a little different, but someone on here (I think it was Isaac) found out that they are wired just like the 49-425 (using the pin #2 on the large IC method) If I can find the post, I will edit and place a link to it.

Here is the link to the topic...I bumped it to the top, but it won't take long to get buried!!

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/i...&topic=3044

(Edited by h2obobh2o at 11:03 am on July 31, 2002)

coyotebandit

Reaction score
No, it wasn't me. But I went back to the Radio Shack I was at the day I made the post -last night, and they were all gone! I guess next time I should buy all that I need, before I make a post like that!! I might have an extra one if you need one.

bigbucks

Reaction score
The new model, 49-426 is hackable about the same as the 425. The is a post about it somewhere in this forum. The 5v output is the second pin down on the left side of the big IC, but it is much easier to solder to the jumper (J2) on the front of the board. This is the same circiut as pin 2(left).

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I saw a couple left at the Radio Shack here if anyone needs them. I dislike them and prefer the MS20. Bought 2 today for $7.98 each. With the low power mods and one of AEH's and my timers, the whole shootin match is still just about what the RS pir is by it self when not on sale.

(Edited by ****** at 8:04 am on Aug. 4, 2002)

Top Bottom