RS PIR Question

cameranovice

Reaction score
I need a little help understanding the instructions for modifying the RS49-425 PIR.  On the diagram of the circuit board for the RS 49-425 PIR, It states "solder one side of relay coil to battery negative. Anode of diode too."  Does this mean solder a wire from the relay coil to the battery negative and then solder a small wire from the battery neagative to the anode end of the diode. Also it states solder one side of relay coil here and cathode (silver band) of diode" I don't quite understand these instructions.   Do you solder a wire from the relay coil to the IC 2 pin and then solder a wire from the IC PIN to the cathode end of the diode.This is my first attempt so this will not likely be the last question I ask.  

INshedpicker

Reaction score
We're glad to have you with us, cameranovice.  Please forgive me if this only confuses you more, but Tinhorn has made some revisions to the RS PIR that you should look into.  And there are pictures!!!

Click here for the info.

sven

Reaction score
The way I did it was to first solder the diode across the relay coil wires.  After that solder a wire from the #2 pin on the IC.  Solder this wire to the same post on the relay that you soldered the silver banded side of the diode.  Next solder a wire from a negative battery contact to the relay post that you soldered the black end of the diode.  I don't know if you are taking the directions off the board or off of Jesse's site, but on the site there is an excellent picture showing the wiring with the actual components about 1/2 way down the page.  Take a look at it and it will probably all make sense.  Here's the page you want to look at:
http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/rs-49-425.html

(Edited by sven at 9:42 am on Feb. 8, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom