RS PIR questions

mole

Reaction score
I rewired the pir to the speaker wires since it seemed the #2 pin was not working. It "works" now. 2 questions, can I have both the sensor and led light connected to the speaker wires without a switch between the two? And the more important question...When my pir activates it chimes several times...thats normal, but my camera will "click" (make a clicking noise but not a shutter snap) everytime it chimes. It only snaps one pic (sometimes two at a time) but "clicks" on every chime (4-5 chimes). Is this normal? Any ideas.

Thanks
Mike

davered1

Reaction score
mole ,

if you hook them both up without a switch  the test light is pretty much useless because every time it goes on it will also fire a pic.You won't be able to turn off the cam to test the firing distance.

What cam are you using?

FIRST (past experience) check batteries in camera,weak batteries make them do strange things

If you short cam wires when it is not hooked up to PIR does it fire? If it fires more than once check cam.If not at all then check cam wiring,if it does then prob in PIR some where

sounds like a short check all solder joints to see if they aren't loose,extra bits of solder where there shouldn't be etc.....

StringShooter

Reaction score
davered1,
What I do is have a switch to control the pir power and a switch to control the camera to the pir.

I hook camera to the tree, turn on pir power switch and check distance with the test light. After I'm sure it is working properly, I turn the external camera switch and wave my hand in front and take a picture to make sure everything is working normally.

The only thing that I used a test light switch for in the past was to turn off the test light to save on power. Now I'm not to worried about it on the RS pir.

davered1

Reaction score
string,

That sounds good,read queastion as having no switch whatsoever.

mole

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I rewired everything and I think it was a sloppy 1st try. Everything works fine for now.

Thank again.
Mike

Top Bottom