RS PIR Trouble

Micah

Reaction score
I am having troublw with a trail camera I built for a friend.  I put a RS PIR on it, and mounted it sideways. Has anyone ever had trouble with that before?  It will wait about 1 day, then take most of the pictures in a short period.  Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Micah

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Check the battery. Could be low and causing the PIR to become unstable and fire off the roll.

Butch

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
They have very weak sensitivity when mounted sideways becasuse of the direction of the fresnal lens design. Dont know why it shot all the pics up fast though.
Gumbo

skipnoid

Reaction score
I'm real new at this having built my first two cameras this week, but I offer the following:

I bought two RS PIR's for my project. In testing them (right out of the box, simply leaving them on chime ... drove my wife nuts) I found that one of the units had a mind of it's own. It would just keep going off for no aparent reason. Of course when I took it in, it didn't misbehave, but I traded it for another one regardless. This one seems AOK. It could be that they had a bad batch and we both got one.

Skipnoid

davered1

Reaction score
Micah,

I mounted 4 cameras with the RS pir VERTICAL(sideways). It will work fine that way, it's range is just as far that way.It does limit the side to side range to about 7-8' at around 20' away.

I'm with HH , it is probably your battery, buy a brand new one (high quality) and replace it to see if it makes a difference.

Other thing is the direction it's pointed. Is it pointed into the sun when it fires off all the pictures? Try facing it DUE NORTH to see if it helps.

Dave

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
The sun thing will get you unless you really pay attention. I PREACH This to everyone who has gotten one my cams. Last sunday I pulled a roll, had 27 shots. Got real excited. Had three days worth of shots from 8:30 to abt 9:10 in the morning. Pretty pics of date and time stamped woods for $10.00. I probibly turned several shades of pink.

Butch

Top Bottom