rs pir

Data

Reaction score
My first DataCam is wired from the speaker wires to the relay. I remember someone stating that it could also be wired off of pin 3 on the small IC chip.  I have my RS sensor set to alarm mode. This gives me a 30 sec delay between pictures. I do not have a problem with multiple pictures being taken during the 30 seconds. I did some testing off of pin 3 and it seems that it provides just over 5 volts for the 30 seconds. This would provide a 30 second delay without the singing of the relay. Did anyone try to wire the relay off of pin 3 on the small IC chip. Thanks, Data.

jayber

Reaction score
Data,
The schematic I saw was for a wire off of pin #2.  I tried that and it didn't work.  Maybe it was a mistake and should have been pin #3, dunno.  Either way, I don't mind the chime thru the relay and there are ways to muffle it.

Data

Reaction score
Jayber, Pin 2 is on the big IC chip. I read a while back that someone setup their relay off pin 3 of the small chip.  When I first tried to wire off of pin 2 large chip the diagram on Jesses page was labeled wrong. It is correct now. I agree that the singing can be muffled but why go through the extra steps when wiring a new or re-wiring an old board. I had three wires break on me when trying to adjust the distance the sensor was from the lens. One bit of advice, use flexible wire. I used a solid wire that was not to flexible. Now I have to re-wire my board.

(Edited by Data at 11:54 am on April 6, 2001)

wolf

Reaction score
I SET UP MY NEW CAM IN THE YARD FOR A TEST.EVERYTHING SEEMED TO WORK OK.RAN THE FILM TO WALMART AND GUESS WHAT NOTHING IN THE PICTURES.I THINK THE RS PIR IS PICKING UP TO WIDE FOR MY CAM. HAS ANYONE HAD TO BLOCK PART OF THEIRS OFF AND IF SO HOW MUCH.

wolf

Reaction score
OK I have mounted my rs pir inside my waterproof box. I have the sensor located 5/8" from the inside edge of the door. I have a 1" hole in the door. I am ready to glue on my fresnal lense. Is there anything to line up here or do i just glue it over the hole.

knothead

Reaction score
i would try to line up pir sensor with the focal point on the lens(center of fresnal).

wolf

Reaction score
I AM NOT SURE HOW I DO THAT. I HAVE MOUNTED THE PIR INSIDE THE HOUSING AND CUT A HOLE IN THE DOOR. SO WHEN I CLOSE THE DOOR I CANT SEE THE SENSOR.

russ

Reaction score
Hey Wolf,
    Sounds like your ready 5/8''inch is the right distance.You didn't post if you completly wired your pir.I would have my Led working,then temporarily glue lens on.If your Led lights up your good to go. If not this would help you figure out your problem.
    I personaly leave my pir in houseing,not to be sceppical,but its one less thing to mess with.Good Luck Wolf.

russ

Reaction score
Hey Wolf,
      What do you think will happen first, you finishing your camera or me learning how to spell. LOL

davered1

Reaction score
wolf,

You have to be able to see the PIR(little TV screen) through the hole,it should be close to centered in the hole then just mount the lens centered in hole.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
HOW DO YOU SET THE 5/8" FROM THE FRESNAL LENSE TO THE SENSOR ON A BOX THAT HAS A HINGED DOOR WITH THE HOLE IN THE DOOR FOR THE FRESNAL LENSE. I WOULD LIKE TO MOUNT THE PIR TO THE DOOR IN ITS ORIGANAL HOUSING WITH THE FRESNAL LENSE STILL IN PLACE. BUT I AM WORRIED ABOUT GETTING A GOOD SEAL AROUND THE 1" HOLE IN THE DOOR. ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS

davered1

Reaction score
Why don't you just mount sensor inside box flush with door and sand down original housing flush with where lens sits(normally) then glue lense to door.

when you close door the lens should sit just against housing.

that is how I do it then use speaker for LED hole and drill 1/2 inch hole in door for light?

here is pic to help show what I mean

(Edited by davered1 at 2:29 pm on Jan. 8, 2002)

coyotehunters

Reaction score
THIS HAS PROBABLY BEEN DONE BEFORE BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE. WHEN I MOUNTED MY SENSOR INSIDE MY BOX INSTEAD OF GRINDING THE FACE OFF OF THE HOUSING I JUST USED MY DREMMEL TO GRIND OUT THE AREA WHERE THE SPEAKER WAS.THIS ALLOWED THE SENSOR BOARD TO SLIDE IN ENOUGH TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE IN THE THICKNESS OF THE FRONT OF THE HOUSING. THIS WAS ALOT EASIER THAN GRINDING THE FACE OF THE HOUSING DOWN AND I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GRINDING THE HOUSING DOWN TO MUCH. JUST PUSH IT UP TO WALL OF THE BOX. THE

Stever

Reaction score
Sorry I am confused. Is this to mount the relay board etc into the rs PIR?
I have taken out the speaker cut away the holes for the speaker and mount the LED in that space. I then reassembe the PIR and make a hole in enclosure so that I can slide RSpir halway into it. Epoxy glue and done. I even use the chime/ off switch to control it.

coyotehunters

Reaction score
this is so you only have to cut a 1" diameter hole in thr housing and glue the fresnal lense inside

Stever

Reaction score
On my next cam I was planning to go that route.
Sounds like the best way to save on possible water leakage

Top Bottom