RS Sensor power up

deerdad

Reaction score
I just got my first RS sensor and it says leave the switch
off when installing or replacing batteries for 1 min.
otherwise the thing will just keep going off. I tried it to
see what they were saying and understand that now.
Once it's mounted in your cam box, you are using the
toggle switch on the cam box to turn it on and off while leaving the slide switch thats on the sensor on chime.
My question is, isn't this the same as connecting a
battery every time you switch on the power toggle but
since the sensor slide switch is already on there is no
warm up period and will it just keep triggering the sensor?
 I hope I explained what I am trying to say clear enough.
Sometimes I ramble on around the point im trying to make.

Greg

Stever

Reaction score
hey deerdad,
here is how my set up goes only one switch for camera, and I use the chime off alarm switch. I hang camera open box flick the pir switch to chime. I then walk around to see where the light is flashing.
When satisfied I walk beside behind cam and watch for the light to go out when it goes out I switch the cam to on. I then walk through the set up to get a start picture. I tried to make this simple hope it made sense.

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
Deerdad,
I posted earlies on this but got no replies, could you check the difference in sensitivity of the RS PIR layed horizonatally vs vertically since you have one handy. All my cameras are in the field and it would be simple to turn the completed camera on end to check the vertical sensitivity.

There may be some advantages to mounting in vertically but I'm not sure of the sensitivty.
Thanks
Gumbo

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Timer chip solves all this problem.
There is a 1 minute delay built in at power up allowing you to use just one switch for power and leave the switch on the RS sensor in the chime mode all the time.  The delay will time out after a minute and is ready to be triggered.  The MS20 has a similar problem at startup and it to is solved with the timer chip.

Otherwise,  Stever's idea solves the problem by moving the switch from chime to off for the intial minute.

Guboyaya,

The vertical vs. horizontal sensitivy is different.

The PIR uses a dual element design that allows it to not only detect heat but also motion.  The dual element has to see a transition from one zone to the next in a certain heat range to detect.  The elements are laid out in a parallel fashion so the movement is left to right or right to left and not necessarily up and down.  I have a document on the sensor I will email you that can show you this better than I can explain it.  The sensor was designed to be upright but it will work sideways.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom