rs stereo plugs

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
Ive been having problems with my cameras working consistently and was wondering if the radio shack mini stero plugs may not be making consistent contact?? any one else having problems of this sort?
any help is appreciated
gumbo

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I think the questions should be "Who is NOT having problems"

Lots of complaints about them on the forum

Tinhorn

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I tried them on my first cam and they gave me trouble. I cut them off and in the trash they went and haven't had trouble since.LOL

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 11:14 am on Feb. 18, 2002)

coyotehunters

Reaction score
I HAVE BEEN USING THE CONNECTORS THAT ARE LISTED ON JESSES SITE FOR MODIFYING THE RS PIR. SO FAR NO PROBLEMS

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I use plugs too and I haven't had any problem.  Four cameras with them.

ToddP

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi guys,
The problem with RS parts is they just stock whatever part fits the physical description in the catalog that they can lay their hands on cheap.  So in one region at a given time, you might get parts that work fine.  In another area you might get a bunch of duds for a while.

If you buy their "high-end" stuff, it's generally consistant quality, but for the cheap small parts, it's just semi-random luck if you get good or bad parts.  

Archilochus

INshedpicker

Reaction score
Yeah, I too have had a problem.  Recently got two plugs in one package (not sure of P/N).  First one I soldered up wouldn't work, but the other one from the same package did.  Not impressed.

Top Bottom