Rsp Board Problem

dmach8

Reaction score
While I am waiting for Bill to get back to me through email, thought I would ask the board members for input.
My set up is the Rsp board with the RSP4i chip to run an Olympus d395
Worked like it should testing in the yard(Day and Night)
Took into the woods with fresh batteries and it just starts taking pictures and fills the card. I have adjusted the sensitivity pot up and down, moved the camera and same results. Brought it home, replaced the batteries, setup now laying on table aimed at the ceiling, where there is no movement and same results. Walk test mode shows the same results also (Without taking the picture of course). I have checked each wire for continuity and solder bridges and all looks good and also double checked wiring to correct spots.. Any Ideas??
Thanks, Steve

Haymaker

Reaction score
dmach8,

Make sure you have both LED's DIP switches turned on then power down the controller for about a minute. Then turn and cover up the PIR sensor. Are you getting a blinking green LED or is it off?

I've seen something like this before when the board was powered up and down too quickly and the PIR just starts blinking setting photo after photo off.

Let me know.

pocomoke

Reaction score
Are you using any kind of internal female jack inside cam?I had that problem before with d380's and rss board.I was using the radio shack 3/32 jack and had alot of problems with it shorting and it would just snap away pics at whatever delay I had set on board.Replaced those jacks and never had the problem again....

dmach8

Reaction score
Ok, I have all switches on, I held a dark foam piece over the pir sensor and waited a minutes, turned the power on and I have solid green and red LED for about 32 seconds then the green starts to blink. I am not using any jacks also. So what does this mean? I let this board sit over night(the night before trying this) with all plugs unplugged. When I plugged it in set there for 3-5 minutes and started taking pics again of nothing.

dmach8

Reaction score
Haymaker,
Left the batteries out all day with plugs unplugged.
Tonight same result, power on and starts taking pics, while being aimed at the ceiling, nothing moving up there.. I hope
The board is the door mount model DIP switches and sensitivity adjustment on back. All switches on, sensitivity has been tried high, low and middle..
Visually looking at the board I can't see anything. Any other trouble shooting ideas? I am eager to solve the problem...

bat

Reaction score
dmach8 do you happen to have "air conditioning" vents in your ceiling? Florescent(spelling) lights, I think, can also interfere with the detectors. I seem to remember reading something about this?? The air can be changing temperature setting it off.... if it is close to the element.
bat

dmach8

Reaction score
No, but just to confirm, I put in a dark room, no air movement, windows closed. same result, less them a minute after full power up it just starts taking pictures.. I don't know what else we can rule out, but a board/chip problem?

bat

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the camera from the board and turn it back on. See if the RED and GREEN led flash this way. You may can narrow it down a little without the camera plugged up. If it is still detecting, at least you have narrowed it down somewhat.
bat

by the way if you can take your camera and snap a picture or two of your cam with the door closed and with the door open and post them so we might can detect something this way. Would just like to see the pir board and the fresnal area if possible.

dmach8

Reaction score
Bill requested I send the board back for him to look at..
Thanks for the help

NManitou

Reaction score
I had this problem with a LANC board. Sent it back and when it was returned it did the same thing. I finally turned the sensativity all the way to the least sensative setting. Turned off all power for a couple of minutes and it worked. I kow how you feel, it drove me crazy!!

dmach8

Reaction score
Well just got it back from Bill and it is testing fine, its out there waiting for something.
Thanks for all the input,
will post any pics

Steve

Top Bottom