RSS BOARD TROUBLE

CAMOMAN

Reaction score
I built an RSS with P-32 setup about a month ago. The camera setup worked fine for about a month and then I noticed that I was only getting night time pictures. I thought well maybe one of the dip switches was not getting good contact so I toggled all of them a couple time and set it back out. Went and got it and only night time pictures again...it wouldn't take daytime because when I walked up to it it would open up but no picture. Well I brought it home and checked connections with a volt meter and had good connections all the way thru. Set it up in the shop and it would power up but the shutter would not work. I was getting frustrated then so I took the connector off the board and shorted the wires in the correct order and it would power up then shutter and then power back down.....the camera worked fine. Then I took a picture using the shutter button on camera and it worked fine...I am powering the board with a 6 volt lead acid battery and it is fully charged at 6.4 volts. Camera batteries are fully charged....I think something is wrong with the board....Can you guys help me out....I have been getting alot of pictures of deer hog coon and squirrels and having a blast so I need it up and going as soon as possible......thanks.

Steve

pachanga

Reaction score
Email Haymaker I know he will help you out. It sounds like a board problem

CAMOMAN

Reaction score
I THINK I FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS.....I HAVE A SONY 128 MB CARD AND FOR SOME REASON IT WILL NOT WORK IN THE CAMERA AS LONG AS IT'S HOOKED UP TO THE RSS BOARD....BUT IT WILL WORK IN THE CAMERA ALONE...I PUT A 16 MB CARD IN AND THE RSS CAM WORKED FINE. I TRIED MY FRIENDS 128 MB LEXAR AND IT WORKED FINE. I GUESS SOMETHING IS MAKING THE SONY 128 MB CARD BOOT UP TO SLOW TO WORK WITH THE TIMERS ON THE RSS BOARD...HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM.....I PUT THE SAME CARD THAT WOULD NOT WORK IN MY CAM SETUP IN MY FRIENDS RSS SETUP AND THE SAME THING...NO PICTURES.....IT JUST DIDN'T DO THIS OVERNIGHT IT GRADUALLY GOT TO WHERE IT WOULD NOT TAKE A PICTURE AT ALL OVER TIME ABOUT TWO TO THREE WEEKS...LIKE I SAID AT FIRST IT STARTED JUST TAKING NIGHT PICS AND IN THE END NO PICS...... BEATS ME WHAT IT IS BUT AT LEAST I AM UP AND GOING AGAIN ONLY BAD THING IS WITH A 16 MB CARD....I GOT TO GET DOWN TO WALLY WORLD AND GET ME A NEW 128...... LET ME KNOW IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE.....I WONDER IF WAL MART WILL TAKE THE CARD BACK.....I HAVE HAD IT A COUPLE MONTHS....

Top Bottom