Rumor has it.....

arizona jim

Reaction score
I hear that we might have the big game draw results in early due to the fact that so many were processed thru the inter-net.  AZ Game & Fish won't say much, but my sources say maybe even by July 6th.

Anybody else hear about this ?

arizona jim

Reaction score
I hear that we might have the big game draw results in early due to the fact that so many were processed thru the inter-net.  AZ Game & Fish won't say much, but my sources say maybe even by July 6th.

-----
AZ JIM

arizona jim

Reaction score

widgnwhacker

Reaction score
Jim,

I have been thinking about this one. We may get tags this year , but may not be able to hunt on U.S. Forest Service land. If the present fire situation doesn't get any better we will lose to much valuable habitat. And if there isn't any large amounts of rain soon , I see a possible closure in the National Forests. Just a thought,

Lets all pray for rain and for the people who have lost so much!!

WW

arizona jim

Reaction score
widgnwhacker,

I have thought about it also. If we do get drawn for areas not in the burn, won't the game be concentrated in there and they may want them thinned out? If they don,t let us hunt at all it would be because of fire concerns everywhere else.

widgnwhacker

Reaction score
Jim,

Yeah thats what I mean. If we don't get some Major amounts of rain here soon , I feel that the Forest Service will shut everything down. It will be about the concern for wildfires. Lets just hope that the Monsoon season gets here in a hurry and dumps ungodly amounts of water everywhere up north. I would hate to see everyone not be able to go on their hunts. I am sure that there will be large concentrations of animals displaced by the fires in new areas, but it might not do us any good if ya can't hunt them.

WW

Bill in SD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I really hope I don't draw anything in Arizona this year.  I especially hope I don't draw an elk tag.  I have heard that the drought has been really hard on the elk and the antler growth won't be very good.
Bill

EricW

Reaction score
Look at what the website says now:
"Fall 2002 draw results will be available no later than July 26, 2002. Please check back."
It may be two weeks later than promised.

yurmomma

Reaction score
It has been confirmed that Elk are already moving back into the burned area. It has been forcast that we will have a normal to below average monsoon season this year. The problem with large amounts of rain after a fire is erosion. If we were to get "El Nino" type rain this winter, all of the top soil in the burn area would lost, slowing the recovery. Of coarse that is exactly opposite of what the rest of the state, and in fact the rest of the western US needs. It is a loose - loose situation.
Animals are being concentrated. I saw a news report the other day that intervied a rancher on the edge of the burn area. He said he usually sees 10-20 Elk in his meadows every evening. Now he sees at least 100. Not good for range that is already parched.

coueshunter

Reaction score
I spoke with 3 different game people today, and they have not heard any rumors within the department of an early draw.  They informed me that it would be more likely that the 26th is still a good date.  They expect to meet over the next couple of weeks to determine what course of action if any will need to be taken due to the fires.  As of today, there was no reliable reports of the status of the fawns/calves and mature elk/deer losses, that will come in the next two weeks.  Without that information, there cannot be a scientific evaluation as to what should be done with the upcoming season.  This is all I was told..........

Top Bottom