Rush Limbaugh and the HSUS

Crockett

Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Greg R. Lawson (614) 888-4868
ext. 214
April 17, 2009 Sharon Hayden
(614) 888-4868 ext. 226
Sportsmen Call on Rush Limbaugh to Break Ties with Country’s Leading Anti-Hunting Group

(Columbus) – The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance (USSA) is spearheading an effort calling on American sportsmen and women to ask radio personality Rush Limbaugh to disassociate himself from the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the largest animal rights group in the country.

On April 14, 2009, the HSUS revealed that Rush Limbaugh had recorded two radio announcements supporting two of its programs. This revelation has caused an uproar in the sportsmen’s community due to HSUS’ long-standing history of assaulting hunting, fishing, and trapping rights.

“Many of Mr. Limbaugh’s supporters are the very people targeted by the HSUS,” said Bud Pidgeon, USSA president and CEO. “By lending such a prominent voice to supporting HSUS, he is helping to deceive people about the real agenda of the organization.”

After being notified of Mr. Limbaugh’s promotion of the HSUS, the USSA sent him a letter to shed light on HSUS’ true agenda and outlining anti-hunting activities undertaken by HSUS. The letter also urged Mr. Limbaugh to disassociate himself from the group.

The letter, signed by the USSA President and CEO, Walter P. Pidgeon, Jr., details why the HSUS is the top opponent of sportsman rights:

“…every major piece of legislation, lawsuit or ballot issue that would restrict the rights of Americans to hunt originated with HSUS. This includes bankrolling ballot issues to ban the hunting of America’s #1
game bird, the mourning dove, lobbying legislation to ban the only effective hunting methods to control black bear numbers, opposition to hunting on Sundays, and opposition to allowing parents the ability to
choose at what age their sons and daughters are permitted to begin hunting and much, much more.”

“The HSUS is the number one opponent of sportsmen in America today,” said Pidgeon. “It uses seemingly harmless campaigns like the ones endorsed by Mr. Limbaugh to raise funds for the organization to advance its controversial mission. It is our hope that once Mr. Limbaugh hears
from American sportsmen and women he will understand how his endorsement aids HSUS in its quest to to destroy American freedoms such as hunting, fishing and trapping.”

Take Action: All sportsmen and sportswomen should immediately contact Rush Limbaugh and urge him to sever his ties with HSUS. Explain that regardless of the issue being promoted by HSUS, their true agenda is to destroy America’s heritage of hunting, fishing, trapping, and all scientific wildlife management methods.

Call his line at 1-800-282-2882 from noon to 3 pm eastern standard time on weekdays

E-mail him at elrushbo@eibnet.com.

Mail a letter to:

The Rush Limbaugh Show
1270 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance.

STEVE IN SOCAL

Reaction score
Here's the email I sent Rush...titled "My experience with HSUS..true story"

<style></style>Rush,
I love animals. After losing my birddog to a tragic accident, I was devastated. After a month of grieving, I heard that the local HSUS shelter had two German Shorthaired Pointers to adopt (a father and son), but they had to be adopted together. I had the room at my house for two, as well as the room in my heart for two dogs.
When I arrived at the shelter, I was given a warm welcome, as few were willing to take two dogs at a time. As our visit progressed, I informed them that these dogs would be house pets as well as accompaning me on my quail hunts in Arizona, about 6 weeks per year. Man, did the sh*t hit the fan! I was literally kicked off of the property, the manager sticking her finger in my face, blood vessels bulging from her neck. I explained that a bird dogs happiest days are hunting birds, but she didn't care..she said she'd rather seem them put down than hunt.
This is a true story. Please disassociate yourself with this extreme organization. There are plenty of animal rescue oranizations that need your help, without pushing an anti hunting agenda.
I've always been a HUGE ditto head, and your support of HSUS has my head spinning. Please reconsider...

Broken hearted in San Diego,
Steve ####

ltdann

Reaction score
HSUS actually runs a shelter? In San Diego area? Where?

BDOG

Reaction score
Rush

So what is Rushy doing about this one. Don't tell me Rush is anti hunting. I'll have to stop listening to him.
Thanks

STEVE IN SOCAL

Reaction score
HSUS actually runs a shelter? In San Diego area? Where?
I think it's in Leucadia...somewhere on the coast, north county. Since I've moved to beautiful Fallbrook, I try and stay away from the coast.

STEVE IN SOCAL

Reaction score
I sell a cedar chip for horse corrals, and had donated some to a few dog rescues. The place that kicked me out heard about it, and called to see if I'd donate some to them. Boy did she get an earfull from me...and zero product!

Sodhunter

Reaction score
I also emailed Rush. Everyone should. Has he said ANYTHING about this on his show? I have not listened for weeks. Here is what I wrote him.

Mr. Limbaugh,

I am one of your biggest fans. I admire your mix of intelligence, wit, humor, and knowledge to make a point, educate, and at the same time entertain. Over the years I honestly doubt I disagreed with your opinions even 1% of the time. I would vote for you for any office you aspired to win. BUT... What the hell are you doing hooking up with the Humane Society?!?!? I think you are intelligent enough to know that they are just a subtle sneaky version of PETA!!! I can't comprehend YOU trying to look caring to improve your image after standing up to the Messiah and publicly hoping for his failure. Regardless of how barbaric dog fighting is, it is illegal already and I doubt YOU making a stand against it will cause a single person to stop fighting dogs. Conservatives don't fight dogs and Michael Vicks don't give a rat's ass what Rush says. Please tell me and the nation that you are just taking their money to help prevent them from passing laws to give animals the same rights as people! PLEASE tell me you are not doing this for FREE because you love your cats and this is your way of showing your love. You are the one who first educated me about organizations with a great name like HUMANE SOCIETY. Who could be against being humane? I am befuddled teacher. I unfortunately have not been able to listen to your show for almost a week, and if you have already explained this, sorry for wasting your time. If that is not the case, I am looking forward to your intelligent response to this question. Why are you supporting the organization that is against us killing and eating animals? I love animals. Especially with gravy. I cried when I put my last dog down, have shed a tear or two after hunting and killing an extra special quarry in the field, grew up on a farm where animals were treated HUMANELY, but for profit. This Rush/Humane Society joint venture is giving me a gut ache. Why?

trapperbr549

Reaction score
I think it is very important to point out to people that the Humane Society of the United States has absolutely nothing to do with their local Humane Society animal shelters. The latter has a very good reputation (around here anyway) and provides a much needed service. The former is our real enemy and the vast majority of people do not support what they stand for, if we just educate them.

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Agreed

The HSUS is NOT your local Animal Shelter. The HSUS is an anti- hunting , and anti-animal ownership group. As far as I know the HSUS is only a political group. They feeds off the sympathy of real animal lovers, and ask for donations, then use that money to try and take away your Rights, and to control your animal ownership. They dont feel animals should be bred, and they feel animals should have equal right to humans. The HSUS is a Danger to American in regards to our Freedoms and Rights. They are a Wolf in Sheeps Clothing dont be fooled.

I hope everyone understand that one of the HSUS goals is to try and make hunting illegal in California then across the Untited States.

gundogs

Reaction score
Rush & HSUS

I just sent a personal email asking him to explain the connection between himself and HSUS. Lets see if he responds or I get a form letter response.
Either way it will reveal his position to the readers of JHO.

Bryce:patiotic-wavin-flag

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom