S200 In the Woods

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Well I finaly got my S200 in the woods, thanks to Brian and everyone else who sees one of their ideas.  Don't you just love this site.

I'm using the Durham 501 Metal first aid box (thanks Dbworld) and the RS Pir with one of brians Day/Night timer boards with the external flash control.  I mounted all the electronics inside on this one, no external switches at all.  The aluminum shelf unit that the camera sits on just pulls out to access the controls and 9 v battery.   Its tight but everything fits and can be pulled out in seconds to tweek on the bench.  I am going to use a single window for the LED and Photo resistor, but I haven't put it in yet.   I put the unit in test mode, turn on the camera and then push the count button again to take it out of test and shut the door.  I don't even get a wasted pick that way.   You can also just toggle the power and shut the door during the start-up delay.  

Only bad thing is that I convinced my wife that we could by this camera because we could still use it when we went places.  We leave for Italy tomarrow and She won't let me leave it in the woods.  

woodsman

Reaction score
Looks good ArkansasElkHunter ! nice job
      can't weight to see some pictures .

davered1

Reaction score
Nice setup AEH, You were supposed to convince her you needed a second "test" camera as well.

When you coming back? This is just a tease to make us wait another 3 weeks for pictures right?

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Thanks,

Be back on the 18th.  Some work, some Play  - taking my full time night woman.  We've got three kids (4,6, & 8),  that bitter/sweet thing you know -  leaving them that long.   I'm really going to miss them ....... the last few days we're there.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
AEH,

Looks good.  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Enjoy the trip.

max

Reaction score
AEH,
Man you know how to do it right!! That is one sharp look'in outfit you got their!!!
Do me a favor!!! get rid of that <font color="Blue">bright blue</font>  bungee cord attaching it to the tree!!!
I would feel really bad if someone stubbled on to it?
  Have fun in Italy..I hear the weather has been excellent their lately....
                         MAX

Dbworld

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty sweet setup.  I changed my mind about that box though, could you please send it back to me.....and for your convenience you can just leave all that "stuff" in there.

(Edited by Dbworld at 12:21 pm on July 8, 2002)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom