S200 Night Photos

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Here are a few samples of the photo quality from the s200.  The first is 35 feet with only the built in flash.  I didnt tweek them any other than to sesize then a little.  Taken on ISO Auto setting and Auto focus

This one is 45 feet with an external flash

This is 60 feet with the external flash

The camera takes really impressive pictures right up untill dark.  The ISO auto setting takes better pictures than the iso 400 setting.  The ISO 200 setting seems to be about the same as the Auto at this light level.  It was 11:00 pm The pictures drop off sharply at 75 feet, but you could still tweek them and count points

By the way the distances are from me to the tree.

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 11:51 pm on June 17, 2002)

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
ISO better at Auto than 400,  got ya.

Thanks for the research.  As you know I will be working on a S200 here shortly too.  I doubt the flash will be used though because we have noticed it spooked the bears in the past and they didn't come back.

Btw,  mailing check this morning for the stickers.

Thanks,
ToddP

jayber

Reaction score
External flash really seems to help!  What are you using for that?  Look forward to seeing some pics in the woods!

jayber

Reaction score
Same as I'm building then.  We'll see how well it works with a S110.  Hope to post soon......

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
AEH,

You might want to mention how well the pictures were at slam dark without the flash.  Those pictures looked like they were in the daylight even though it was almost dark.

This camera is very promising.

Top Bottom