Sac Clean Up Day Sat 9-22-01

Duck Fan

Reaction score
Per the flyer I received a while back:

Just a reminder that the Sac refuge clean up day is this Saturday, Sept 22nd.

8:30 - camo and clean blinds and free roam area islands, stake pathways, maintain signs, etc.

noon - BBQ ($5.00) or bring your own

1:00 - USFWS and DFG discussion about upcoming season.

2:00 - CWA raffle

meet at Sac refuge check station on Road 68 (formerly Norman Road)

bring waders, hip boots, work gloves, bug spray, sun screen, chair, hat

See ya there.....(silver Yukon)

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Is this a serious work kinda thing ?

Can the kids tag along ?
Either way I'm gona try and be there.

Jay

Reaction score
Trash pickup, sign painting, kid friendly, BBQ and CWA raffle. The feds who run the Sac complex will be there.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
You bringing your boy's Jay ?

Will they have more than just their underware on this weekend.

I heard a little story from Bob about some guy driving around a salt pond with three naked kid's. I wouldn't want my girls to see such a thing.

Jay

Reaction score
I'm not gonna make it.... soccer game and a birthday party for my middle son.

Seems to happen every year. September is a tough month with school and soccer starting plus my dad and middle son's birthday.

Looks like I'm not going to make a NE Ca trip in October either. The little woman has a girlie retreat the first weekend, the second weekend is the balance of state opener and I want to be on the salt pond, the third weekend my in-laws are taking us to Santa Cruz and the fourth weekend is my preschooler's halloween party. My wife's b-day is the first week of November, then my mom and oldest son have their birthdays on the eleventh of November. But, 11/10 is reserved for chicken chasing. I might be able to swing a trip to Klamath/Tule in November if they get some water up there.

December and January are reserved for serious duck hunting.

Racking up points for duck season.

steve

Reaction score
Jay,I hope your working on a 2 to 1 points spread since all that activity is during duck season, of course you will lose all points if during soccer games if you cant remember the score but you can tell them how many ducks you saw,type,direction flying,and saying if I left now I could meet those birds at the blind.
You scored big points having all the boys with you and having so much fun.Lost them all if you left those salt and mud incrusted clothes laying in the garage.Steve

Jay

Reaction score
I had to run them clothes throught the wash 3 times to get the smell out.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom