• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Sacramento Sturgeon fishing-advice please

Spmarella31

Hi all,
I moved to Sacramento a few months ago for school (Sac State) from southern california. I just got into striped bass fishing and have had some good success so far. I've caught some nice ones in the sloughs and in the American river. Now what I really want to get into is Sturgeon. Where do I go for them? I've heard Freeport? What bait do I use?

Thanks

knowledge

Right not in Montezuma Slough, they have been killing the sturgeon. Do a google search for fishing reports. They will show spots and bait used. Also bait shops are good places for fishing reports.

Good luck!

7WSM

Freeport is no no. Too crowded with limited access. You need at least a 1 footer heavy action. Need to throw 14 and bait!

On the other hand Montezuma sounds like a good place. If not then Sherman Island might be an ok spot. Grass shrimp and ghost is key bait now. Later on around March, April, and May eel will be the go to bait everywhere.

Top Bottom