sad day!

swampfox

Reaction score
Well last night marked a bad day for me. I am a deputy sheriff K9 handler. Last night i went out to dinner and was gone for 2 hours. When i came home i discovered K9 Bruno had a massive seizure and passed away. Alot of pain runs through my heart. He went everywhere with me ,as well as lived with me. I know this is outta text but i know you guys are animal lovers as well as hunters. A dog is truly mans best friend especially when he has saved your life!....thanks for listening,just needed to vent.

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
My condolences also. I know my dog is my best friend and always there. He will always be with you though, as a lot of fond memories. Take care and God bless. MC.

shufigo

Reaction score
Literally know just how you feel. My 14 year old lab was the only other male in my house. He and I would have long talks about just about everything that guys think are important. Had to put him down after he had a stroke... and cried like a baby. Sure, you'll miss him, but the hurt softens after a while. Remember the good times.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Swampfox,

Sorry to hear of your loss. That would definately make for a sad day. Take care!

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
swampfox,Im very sorry to hear of your loss,I lost a Lab a few years ago that meant a great deal to me,and it is hard to go through.

StringShooter

Reaction score
I know what you are going through. I too lost my lab last Christmas Eve. It's really hard to deal with and some say that it is harder than grieving a human loss. I'm a Police Officer in ST. Louis and have seen the heartache when one of our officers looses their dog.

Time will heal your wounds and you will be able to remember the great times you shared together. In the mean time, don't be afraid to cry and let your anger out...it's natural.

By the way, I have no plans what so ever to remove this post.

This forum consists of a tight knit group, sort of a family of “Camera Builders”. Everyone gets along great without hardly any editing from the moderators. With the amount of posts here (over 20,000), I think we all have done a great job.

Feel free to continue.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure he was a special dog.

Hopefully he'll still be watching over you.......

vman

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.
I remember when I lost my first hunting dog.  Had Jake for 12 years, he and I bagged many ring-necks together.  They sure become one of the family don't they.
Vman

swampfox

Reaction score
thanks guys. that dog meant everything to me. had to work for the first time without him yesterday and it really hit home. just used to feeling him breathing on my neck while driving down the road. he was great . he had about 20 bad guys to his credit as well as approx. 150 narcotic finds. he was truly a trooper that never let me down. K9 BRUNO (REST IN PEACE) APRIL 11,1996 - AUGUST 9,2002

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I understand the grief swampfox.  I live close to you in Long Beach, Ms.  A number of my friends are K9 officers with the Harrison County Sheriff Department.  I remember a few years ago on of my friends lost his partner named Bear and it was a very hard thing to go through for not only him, but the entire department.  He was buried with full police honers and was quite touching.  It's hard to replace a good friend.  

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.  Hope your next partner will help fill that void.

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
SORRY TO HEAR THAT MIKE, BEST BUDS ARE HARD TO LOSE!

CALL ME SOMETYME, AND AGAIN MY CONDOLENCES

STEVE

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss.  I'll have a similar hurdle soon as my 15 year old black lab seems to be going downhill now. I'll be crushed if I have to have her put down, maybe she'll pass away peacefully in her sleep. We're already taking care of quite a few "accidents" in the house. As long as she's not suffering too bad I'll do everything I can.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Sorry for you loss.  Things like this are never easy.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
I to recently lost a friend, we had to put our cocker to sleep a few weeks ago. I think it's easier if you find them gone rather than having to tell the vet to put them down. Some people say "whats the big deal, it's just a dog" but it's more than that to me. No matter what kind of day you've had, you come home and that animal is so happy to see you like you've been gone for days.....unconditional love. Sorry for your loss.

Brotherwolf

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom