Sad sad story.

socalgobblerhunter

Reaction score
I get a disturbing call yesterday. A friend of mine stumbled across a dead gobbler carcass on a certaine public area in San Diego. He noticed that this magneficent bird that some stupid stupid hunter killed was missing both legs, the beard, and its tail feathers.

I could not believe this at first and my heart sank deep. I seriously hope no one here would do any thing like this but this area is popular and the last vehicle parked there during this incident was a older model white ford bronco with a black rear cover.

As God as my witness I will be looking for this vehicle near this hunting area. This is the worst thing any one persuing turekys can do. whoever it was shot the bird and left it to rot. These idiots took the passion of turkey hunting and turkey hunters and just destroyed it. You can chalk one up for the anti hunters on this one cause this reflects back to all the guys out there hunting turkeys in the eyes of the people who dont and wont understand our passion.

We really need to watch out for people like this and report them immediately. If anyone has any information please e-mail me at stageonetune@yahoo.com or contact a DFG warden.

What a waste of a magneficent animal.

Raully

Reaction score
I'm up there a lot. That vehicle sounds familiar. Care to say what road? Mountain? If not you can email me. I'll be in the forest chasing Long necks this sunday and monday. I hate to hear of the stuff like that. Especially since I have been putting in some hard work and have yet to get my first bird. I know where they're at, but they are henned up big time and are very call shy.

chompot

Reaction score
That is just unfortunate. I would not mind having a word with that guy as well.

LKN4HOG

Reaction score
Their day will come....hope you catch them.

R

Advertisement

Top Bottom