Sage Grouse?

younghunter

Reaction score
Here is a picture of a sage grouse I saw the other day.  We limited out every day and we saw a lot of birds how about you guys/gals?

younghunter

Reaction score
oh and how about jackrabbits?  We saw a bunch while grouse hunting, did you guys/gals blast any of those too?

Whoadog

Reaction score
 I read articles on how the sage grouse is in so much trouble, then everybody I talk to that hunts them does well.  What is the story?

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Out here in CA, you can shoot two total in a short season.  I seen plenty of blue grouse up north while deer hunting.  Is there any technique to hunting these guys.  They were fast and spooked easily.

Whoadog

Reaction score
Bubba,
 You can't be talking about blue grouse being spooky, I had them down as the dumbest gamebird.

brian

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
I couldn't get close enough for a shot.  We would see them fly up from alongside the road.  Stop and change to shotgun mode.  Stalk to where they landed.  Flew away before we could get clsoe enough for a shot.  I heard that if they flew uphill, they would eventually turn back and try to get by you, but we couldn't ,manuever ourselves into that position.

Top Bottom