Sako TRG-S

Rookies

Reaction score
Im planning to buy a new gun and was looking at this one specifically. How many people can tell me if this will be a good buy or not. Since I dont know much maybe I can use a little help. Its a Sako TRG-S, 7.82 (.308) Warbird.

Attachments

Raully

Reaction score
Sako makes a very fine rifle and smooth action. I also like the T-3's

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Sako makes a great rifle, and I've read lots of good stuff about the .308 Warbird.

However, do you reload? Have you checked the price of the Warbird ammo? That would be my first consideration when looking at something like this. If you can't afford to shoot it for practice and fun, you're never going to be able to maximize the potential of the rifle and round.

larrysogla

Reaction score
Speck hit the nail on the head. I have not reloaded in many years now & the cost of ammo is always going up. My .338 mag & .300 mag burn hhhexpensive ammo so I use my 30-'06 with surplus military rounds for general target practice. I get some hi-powered trigger time that way. Those exotic calibers will burn a hole in the pocket real quick & it is not meat in the freezer even, just some holes in a target paper. Ammo price vs. trigger time is not a pie in the sky. It is where the rubber meets the road out there in the hunting grounds. Whatever you get, practice, practice, practice!!!
God Bless. larrysogla.

Rookies

Reaction score
I just love looking at that gun.... but speck is right the cost of ammo is sure up there in the price range. Im gonna have to think about that one. Hey raully, since your from santa barbara. Is the Far West Gun shop a good place to buy a gun? I've been in there once and didnt get any service, so I was woundering if that would be a good place to look at? Thanks guys for the information.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom