Salmon Charter

hunter mike

Reaction score
Anyone one know of a good charter service out of the Eureka area?  Also Anyone fish for salmon on the mouth of the Klamath?

grizz

Reaction score
Mike, I was kinda wondering the same thing myself.  I'am going to be in Fortuna, Sat. with some time to kill in the morning.  What about the Eel anything happening there?

hunter mike

Reaction score
Hi Grizz,

I don't know anything about the Eel but this is supposed to be a killer salmon season.  It will close July 8 thru the 24 and open back up with a 6 fish in 7 day limit.  I think I will try to head over to the coast (from Redding) during that second period.  If I can't find a charter I will probably try somewhere near the mouth of the Klamath.  Any info you have on this area would be good as I am a rookie at salmon fishing.  Thanks!

grizz

Reaction score
Hey Mike , I don't know much about the Klamath or the other coastal rivers up there.  But check out the coastal river page at usafishing.com it might be some help.  Good Luck

3curljohnny

the salmon fishing has been phenomenal out of eureka and trinidad.bigger fish are being caught out of shelter cove and there is a charter boat. we've been mooching for salmon inside humboldt bay the last 10 days or so.limits r the rule in the 15-22 lb. range. i know the guy who runs a charter out of trinidad called the shenandoa and he'll work his but off getting you on em'. if any one's interested i will get more info. good luck

hunter mike

Reaction score
I would be interested John, I will be able to go after the weekend of Aug. 4.  Is that charter in the phone book.  What does he charge for a day?

2curljohnny

Reaction score
sorry for taking so long to get back mike,it's a father/son charter called the shenandoah run by T.J. and Clay Collins. they charge $60 for a half day.the number is 707-677-3625. like i mentioned, clay will get you on the fish and this has been the best salmom seaeson i've ever seen. good luck

2curljohnny

Reaction score
the salmon bite is red hot off eureka/trinidad, even been slammin' em in humboldt bay. albacore at 30 miles.

MQ

Reaction score
Fished out of Albion over the weekend and had a great time. The weather was excellent and the salmon, though not many, were large. My eleven-year-old caught his first salmon, a twenty pounder. Talk about a thrill....The fish were right out front, less than a five minute ride.

BigDog

Reaction score
M.Q., glad it went well. Sorry I couldn't join you.

Fubar

Reaction score
MQ Congratulations to your son. What a nice fish. Did you get a picture?          Fubar

MQ

Reaction score
Fubar,
Took some pics but havent finished the roll yet. When I get them developed I'll have to post one. I'm taking out some Boy Scouts rock fishing this Sunday, so I'm sure I'll finish off the roll on that trip....

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom