San Diego County BLM land for Target Shooting.

finley3

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm looking for some help on locations to target shoot on BLM Land is San Diego and Imperial County. I know there's BLM Land in east San Diego County and in Imperial County near El Centro. However, when I google map the areas i'm not sure if there is accessible entries.

I'm just looking for areas (i.e. - Banner, Jacumba, Plaster City) where people have been and can confirm it's accessible and acceptable for target shooting.

I plan to scout these areas out sooner or later but if someone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

John

Felq

Reaction score
I know a place that offers plenty of shooting areas. Look up South Bay Shooting range (forgot official name). Drive out the dirt road (heading south), continue past the shooting range and take the first right 500ft after the shooting range driveway (but don't go straight, you'll end up in Mexico with a firearm, hehe). The road you turn on to takes a slow climb up to some power lines (direction west/northwest). Once at the top of the ridge, there are several pull outs where you can shoot. You basically end up on the west side of the hill from the shooting range. The first time I went there, South Bay range turned me down because it was too busy, so I continued on!

The Patrol has cruised by me up there twice. All they say is to shoot safely (into a hillside, etc) and clean up. Some people bring a tent cause there is NO shade!

There is one spot where you can shoot 300yards. Weekends can be busy.

Enjoy!

finley3

Reaction score
The South Bay Rod and Gun Club? I've been wanting to venture south to check that place out but heard it gets pretty busy. I can do two birds with one stone. I'll check out the gun club and the area you mentioned just south of it.

Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom