• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

San Diego, D16 deer poacher caught red handed...VIDEO!

GLP

Sounds like the guy did not get cited. He's pretty luck the landowner was cool about it.

TheGDog

He trespassed, he didn't poach. Says he had a license and tag, just that he was on another property when he took the shot. I don't think that could be considered poaching right? I know that even as a private property owner, you do not own the deer that might happen to be upon your land parcel. The state "owns" all the deer.

Still not cool what he did about not respecting property lines, though. That could get very dangerous depending on whose property you step on to.

parkermann

He trespassed, he didn't poach. Says he had a license and tag, just that he was on another property when he took the shot. I don't think that could be considered poaching right? I know that even as a private property owner, you do not own the deer that might happen to be upon your land parcel. The state "owns" all the deer.

Still not cool what he did about not respecting property lines, though. That could get very dangerous depending on whose property you step on to.

Trespassing while hunting is considered poaching and is a great way to lose your gun and license

OPAH

Ilegaling taking of Game is Poaching, he ilegally shot the deer, poached it and then trespassed onto PP to retreave his ill gotten Game.

TheGDog

Really huh? While I like the way you think.... tell me, who controls when you're "allowed" to attempt to take one then?

TheGDog

Trespassing while hunting is considered poaching and is a great way to lose your gun and license
Question about this. What happens if you shot the animal on public lands, but then it manages, after being mortally wounded to cross into a private property?

What does the law say in regards to doing the right thing and making sure you're not committing "Wanton waste" by throwing up your hands and not finishing the job you started?

Bankrunner

Question about this. What happens if you shot the animal on public lands, but then it manages, after being mortally wounded to cross into a private property?

What does the law say in regards to doing the right thing and making sure you're not committing "Wanton waste" by throwing up your hands and not finishing the job you started?
You'd have to get permission to access the private property. I believe you could also get cited for wanton if you were hunting really close to the private land and could not get permission to retrieve the game . For example....you could be hunting ducks/pheasant on public land near private property when a birds momentum after the shot causes it to fall on the private land. A Warden could think that you should have reasonably expected that to happen and cite you.
Best thing to do is to put a reasonable buffer between you and the private land and to take only kill shots...

Bubblehide

Really huh? While I like the way you think.... tell me, who controls when you're "allowed" to attempt to take one then?
Despite being such obvious bait, I'll bite anyway. Obviously CDF and the voters control it. Really that was not a complicated question (my feeble attempt at discouraging such bait).

Top Bottom