San Jacinto Clean Up

huntducks

Reaction score
I don't know what the numbers of Volunteers Bill has from this board, but I do know one thing it's time for many of you to step to the plate and get involved in something other the bitching about this or that at SJ, WE NEED A TURN OUT OF PEOPLE even if it's only for 2 hrs DFG is watching and Tom Paulek is betting we won't have but a few people there.

There will be a BBQ at the end of the day and Tom Trakes is reaching into HIS own pocket to make sure there is food, if anyone can bring something or has not contacted Bill yet Tom said to call him (909) 236-3040.

Tom and I talked this AM and he said they have some real plans in the works out there + our help as hunters will really improve the area they are planning on working on blinds, cutting dead limbs and branch's in E ponds and working on the water checks. if we can take some of the burden off Tom & Don they will work trying to open 2 more blinds on the C pond.

So guys step up

Socal Waterfowler

Reaction score
Greg, atleast 3 from my party and possibly a few more friends of mine. We will bring some food as well, duck cabobs.
We will also bring some tools and a trailer to haul some things away. Let me know if I can help out anymore.

This is a great oppourtunity to make a big difference on this area, so lets get as many people as we can guys.

Brandon

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score
Hey
I am very sorry that I have not posted for the last week but I have been involved in a very intense project that has taken all my attention.

I will be talking with Tom P early the week of Aug 1 (his request) to get a list of the projects the DFG would like us to accomplish.

Sadly, I have recieved few e-mails from volunteers.

Bill

wrhinehart@earthlink.net

elmer fudd

Reaction score
I'll be there.Will bring some tools and 2 5gal water coolers and some other stuff.I'll be making that call this weekend.
Jim

rtin

Reaction score
I will be there and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guy's finally just need to know what to bring.Has anyone contacted local news papers,WON news etc. If not I'm willing to make a few phone calls if it will help.RTIN

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'm in. JHO will donate some t-shirts and hats for all that show up and we also have a drawing for some goodies like CRooked Horn bino straps, turkey calls, ThermaCELL etc.

foulshot

Reaction score
I'm only going to be able to make it in spirit, My oldest daughters b/d party that day. Hope you guys have a good day.

rtin

Reaction score
E-mailed WON today ATT: to Jim M hope to get a return e-mail from them with there support.

Socal Waterfowler

Reaction score
Went out to SJ this Saturday to check things out and saw that they leveled all the tules in Marsh C. All the ponds and marshes were dry from what I could see. B, C, and D ponds had a little water in them and saw quite a few local mallards on B and D. In between b-4 and b-3 the tules have grown into a few big patches. With a little work out there it could be much better for this coming season.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I'll talk to Jim MAtthews and get it in the papers.

I also talked to PRimos Pro Staffer and local guide Jimmy Rizzo and he said he would attend and bring his lovely cousin Bimbledean.
Jimmy can give some duck calling lessons and bing some of PRimos' new duck calls.

SaltonSeadog

Reaction score
I will probably be able to make it for a little while. I will have to work sometime that day, but at least I can show up for the crowd shot. I have never hunted San Jacinto, but I am sure I will someday.

SPOONY SLAYER

Reaction score
i will be able to make it, and im also bringing a friend. we're not much for specialty work, but we can do manual labor with the best of them. also, we dont have much as far as tools, so if there's anything else we can bring, besides alot of water, let me know....

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
I can't commit right now but I'll do my best to be there. I'm pretty sure I can round up a chain saw and a few digging tools. I'll also bring something to put on the grill if we're grillin'.

foulshot

Reaction score
Change in birthday party date, I may be able to make it now.

Slosher

Reaction score
Kudos to Bill and Greg who made this happen. Unfortunately, I will be out of town again on the clean up date.

My absence from this and other boards of late is due to family issues. We had to put my mother into a skilled nursing facility due to advanced Alzheimers. I've been up in No Cal 4 times already this summer dealing with bureaucracy and trying to help my dad. I will actually be in Mexico surfing on the clean up date, I would cancel but for the fact the private condo rental deposit is non-refundable.

Erik

Latest Posts

Top Bottom