San Jacinto

Chessie

Reaction score
In WON, Tom Paulek, manager of SJWA was quoted as saying that they should be opening 10 "quality" blind sites on the land they purchased from the Walkers Duck club, sometime early in the season.  Does anybody know where these blinds are in relation to SJWA's current blinds?  How close to Mystic are they?  Anybody hunt Walkers property before?  Only 2 more weeks.  Let's hope it will be better than last year.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hey Cheesie,

Paulek didn't say but I'm guessing they will be around the ponds at the former Walker's club. This would be south of the San Jacinto ponds you drive through when you head out from the check station.

Way back when we used to paddle in from the Mystic lake side and pop geese as the Walker guys pushed them off the ponds early in the morning. I haven't  been in Walker's club in years and it may have changed since.

huntducks

Reaction score
The blinds at walker are right next to where they park you on a rain day and make you walk in, when you make your last left turn and head straight for the B pond the Walker club was a right turn instead and about a 1/2 to the south.

I belonged to the club about 4 yrs ago I did 2 years in club, then when SJ opened for all day shooting I dropped out , I use to hunt SJ in morning then go over to Walkers for afternoon hunt worked real well that way, the biggest problem with Walkers old club was he had about 30 blinds there, if SJ uses it as a 10 blind area it will be good if the birds are in the area which has not happened the last couple of years.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
What are the best blinds to hunt at San Jacinto. I pulled #7 for the 17th and I want to stack the cards as much as I can in my favor.

luv2huntducks

Reaction score
karstic, first off great draw.  With that low a pick you will get in a B or C pond.  Pick any one of those and you should do well.  Let us know how you do.  It has been so bad out there the last couple of years who knows how it will shape up for this season.  

Chris

Reaction score
Chances are pretty good that most of the six guys ahead of you will show up...with 7 sites in B and C you should be able to get one.  If it were me, I'd drive out there this weekend and take a look at the E pond too.

huntducks

Reaction score
Them guys are wrong I would take blind #1 at Mystic mud hole I mean lake( hehehe).

Tom, Ross or Tom at the check station will direct you in the right direction that morning, they will have all kills that, that blind did last year on a sheet of paper, there are NO real secreats at SJ it all in the draw.

Stay away from E-1&2 also B1

Drew10

Reaction score
I am a junior hunter and was draw #2 at Wister opening day, I am wondering if anyone out there has any suggustions for sites to hunt.
Well thanks
Drew

DuckHuntin4lyph

willowcrick

Reaction score
I drew #14 at SJ for the opener. Have hunted Kern, Mendota, and Kesterson but never SJ. So any help would be appreciated. Will post how well we did with info for those who drew on the 17th.

deadducks

Reaction score
I would alos try to get into the "E" area.  I think 1&2 bet a little deep after about 10 steps out.  So without a dog its kinda tough.  B&C shoot well also and if possible get a site near the island in B.  I heard Mystic is dry all the way to Bridge street.  I think all the spots will do ok for the opener.  Its after the first week the place takes a dive.  Great draw and good luck.  

Chessie

Reaction score
Went out to SJWA on Sun.  Very few birds around.  Looks like another slooooow season out there.  Good luck to all on opening day.  

Chessie

Reaction score
karstic, I just zipped in to look around, didn't stay long.  did you get out there?  

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
No, my ressie is for the 17th so I'm planning to go out on Sunday the 14th. I'd like to get out there early to see what it's like around morning shoot time.

huntducks

Reaction score
Anybody else draw a reservation there, if so what time is the gate opening, no answer on the phone and the answering machine is full, I can only assume they will open the gate at 6am.

Thanks anybody

lostagain

Reaction score
The gates should open at 6:30 am (latest 7am). They use a lotto (pick out of a hat) system to determine what field (area) you will start in. You need to stay in that are for an hour (maybe two, I forgot already).  I'll see you there. Good luck

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I got a ressie #23 for Jan 16th a Wed at San Jacinto.
What is a good place to hunt there, since I've never hunted there  I could use some help? and some directions would be helpful as well, and any does and dont's. I am most greatfull for ya'lls help, Thank you!!!!:wavin-yellow:

(Edited by Thonzberry at 5:33 pm on Jan. 6, 2002)

Fubar

Reaction score
Thonz What number do you have? I guess they are hunting the Walker gun club they aquired. I hear it is supposed to be doing ok. Duck hunting is not exactly hot there. I cant give you a first hand report cause I havnt hunted there this year. Just what I heard. Huntducks no fair tellin secrets.          Fubar

Top Bottom