Sand Bass Suicide

Fubar

Reaction score
I went on the afternoon half day boat out of Long Beach Marina Sportfishing yesterday. The ocean was calm and it was a beautiful day. The current was so fast though, it made the fishing tough. There would have been limits of Sand Bass all around if the current would have been less. There were lots of Bass caught anyway. Most of them were legal with few short fish. There were a few barracuda caught also. The bait was anchovies. Marina Sportfishing is one of the closest landings to Huntington Beach where the bass have been on a tear. The afternoon and twilightboats have been getting limits of the critters. The boat City of Long Beach that I went on is comfortable and has a good galley where you can get all you want to eat and drink. It has a good crew too. All the boats are gettin the Bass now.         Fubar

stickman

Reaction score
Went on a 3/4 day out of dana point yesterday. Everyone limited on sand bass. I limited out in 30 minutes. If anyone is going take a limited load boat. We were elbow to elbow which made it rough. Still had a great day despite the crowd.

grizz

Reaction score
I never been sand bass fishing.  How big do they get and what's the avg.size?

Fubar

Reaction score
Stickman  Thanx for the report. What size were the fish? What Landing and boat did you go on? Did you like the boat and crew?        Thanx Fubar

Fubar

Reaction score
Grizz   The Sand Bass are spawning now. Its a yearly thing. They are in schools. The legal size is 12 inches. All Sand Bass smaller than that must be thrown back immediately. Sometimes it seems most of them will be short. Most of the time the majority will be just legal. Other times they will almost all be legal. I think it depends which school you attract to the boat. I have been in some schools where there were lots of 3 to 5 Pounders. A 10 pounder is a lunker.                 Fubar

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom