Santa Rosa Sheriffs Deputy shoots 13 yr old boy......

BFR

Reaction score
I'm going to start by saying I was NOT there so can't say if they were right or not. However I will admit to having been in the same type situation and in my opinion there is questions as to why less then 10 seconds after report is made of a suspicious person is made and report of shots fired was made. I read numerous news reports, I know, they don't have all the facts, however one thing is consistent, deputies claim to have repeatedly ordered the kid to stop, which he did, turning toward the deputy who was behind his patrol car, now, according to deputies report he feared for his life and fired multiple times killing the boy. There were witnesses and their stories don't all agree. NOW, the timeline started at 3:14:15 with original report of suspicious person, I'm assuming was from inside patrol car, may not have been, backup requested at 3:14:19, shots fired report came at 3:14:25. Let's see, it took 4 sec access need for backup and call for it, 6 seconds later multiple orders to stop , 7-8 shots fired, and a radio report of the shots made......try this at home with a stopwatch.......say "stop, put the gun down" 2-3 times, wait for response, mime firing 7-8 aimed shots (I'm assuming Santa Rosa Sheriff , teaches aiming here) then make a radio call to report it. Even with adrenaline it will be longer than 6 seconds unless................guess I'll wait and see how it all unfolds.

My info is from googling just what the title says and reading many of the reports there.

Last edited:

quaildeath

Reaction score
More importantly, the kid was doing nothing suspicious!
Is the 2a gone? Do we live in a society where if you are carrying a gun instantaneously the cops hold you at gunpoint?
It would be similar to me crossing a road in the field with my shotty, the cops roll up, and pull their guns on me.

I would think this would be the case in the UK where guns are illegal, not here in the US.

8steeltown

Reaction score
I almost got arrested for legally hunting last week. People fabricate their 911 calls and make it seem so much worse because they're uniformed, excited to be part of something, and "up'ady". Someone heard me shoot my shotgun from 600+ yards away and called the police saying I was running around the hills with guns. The timeline mentioned above leaves negative room for decision making. I know nothing about the case, but I think if someone calls 911 and perpetuates the truth to make the situation toxic before the officer even arrives, some sort of reprimand should take place to the 911 caller (which may have nothing to do with this story). My same thought on an "eye witness account"... everything is relative to the personality of the witness, not the average person. Regardless, something doesn't seem right here...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom