sat 11/10

tinner

Reaction score
i'll be in the santa clarita area tomorrow, i had two partners bail out on me so i will be alone. if there is any one out there looking for a partner to hunt with i'm your man. i'm open to new areas if you have a better plan.

Mojave

Reaction score
I didn't know there was any open area left to hunt in Santa Clarita! Since they closed Texas Canyon, and built a million houses, I have mistakenly driven through "Canyon Country" as if it was an extension of Los Angeles. Are you hunting on the 5 Fwy side, or the 14? I'd gladly join you, but have a club work meeting that will occupy my day until 3. Will probably sneak in an hour or so of desert quail hunting, then bust my butt the rest of the weekend working on my "ranch" (raising a GREAT crop of coyotes and jackrabbits this year, and trying to make it more suitable for quail).

tinner

Reaction score
mojave
there were plenty of birds, at least 45-50 in the single draw that i hunted. unfortunately i was by myself and was only able to harvest 1 by noon. the cover is very high and there was a couple of fences around some private property. i had to group the birds a try to heard them away from the fence to get a shot. very tough for one guy probably great for two or three.  

Top Bottom