Saturday Afternoon Scouting / Hunt ?

DanV

Reaction score
Went to one of my spots just off of Hwy 20 , same as always , right place , wrong time ! Sign a week or so old . Was headed into the next valley over and met 2 turkeys hunters coming out , they had seen neither turkeys or hogs . I went in another 1/2 mile or so to a real good spot to glass and used the binos for an hour or so , nothing ! So called it a day as my new boots were a little tuff on the feet .

Think maybe I should just quit wasting all my gas / time and book a guided hunt or at least pay a tresspass fee for a proven area !

Attachments

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
DanV,
Dude you are hunting and thats the challenge of it. But the signs looked real good. I would try an evening hunt or a overnighter. That looks like a good area. Good try persistence pays off.

DanV

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking , saw maybe 50X as much dug up in those two valleys last year , I know they are there just up to me to find them !

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dan, you know you're in a good spot... and you also know public land takes a lot of time and luck.

Any possibility of spending an extended bit of time in the field... overnighting in the back of beyond?

I know the frustration, though... my favorite public land spot is the same way. There's always sign, but the pigs seem to have just left.

DanV

Reaction score
That is a small area , maybe only two miles to private property , a nudist colony ! Maybe I should go glass that area , maybe the pigs are hanging around there ! OOOPS , may have given away my spot ?

CAhntr

Reaction score
Nudist colony? You hunting next to my backyard?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
The problem is, the folks usually hanging out (pun intended) at a nudist colony are NOT the ones you want to be glassing...

Anyway, good luck on a return trip... can't wait to see some success reports, even cryptic ones, from public land.

DanV

Reaction score
Phil , you are sooo correct on that one , we were quail hunting the hill above that place about 25 yrs ago and since I had my binos decided to take a peek . About scared me to death and gave me a whole new outlook on nudity , not quite like the PLAYBOY magazines , never peeked again .

One trip into that hunting area with my son ( 10 yrs old at that time ) on the mountian bikes resulted in glassing a couple of fellows with an alternate lifestyle . They had come over into the public land , my young son was totally unamused and we got the heck out of there . I did however put a couple of rounds from my ported 7mm Mag into a dead tree , those two high tailed it the opposite direction back to their nudy camp very qiuckly ! Hope they ran through some poison oak as it was all around them !

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I did however put a couple of rounds from my ported 7mm Mag into a dead tree , those two high tailed it the opposite direction back to their nudy camp very qiuckly ! Hope they ran through some poison oak as it was all around them ![/b]
Now that would've been worth seeing!

Top Bottom