Sawaroski Question

superduty

Can anyone tell me the difference between the SLC and the NEU? I bought a pair of 10x42 SLC WB's and when looking on their website I couldn't find any information about the 10x42 NEU's. Thanks.
I suppose there must be some difference in the coatings, like the swarobright or the dirt oil thing.

Last edited:

HOGHUNTER714

I can't tell you a difference from the SLC's vs. the NEU's old buddy, but I can tell you that you got a hell of a deal. :smiley_green_with_e

superduty

Thanks Big B. You can use either when you come to hunt your cow elk this year or buck since I pulled the trigger on both sets. Already got one and the other arrives on Monday. Bought two bino harness/cover buddies off Cabela's too. See you come hunting season.:smiley-mouse:

ltdann

I'm told EL's are made with magnesium frames and cost more than the SLC (sport-light-compact) which have aluminum frames. I'm guess the WB means wide body. I bought the SLC 10x42's when they were relatively new on the market. The german word for NEW is NEU. I believe its just a marketing name since it doesn't appear in the literature anymore, although you can still get them on e-bay etc with the Neu designation.

Regardless, they're about the best binos out there. If you don't mind asking, what did you get 'em for?

P.S. Might wanna look into the Badlands Bino Vault for your new investment.

Last edited:

superduty

I picked up the SLC's for 1,075 and the SLC NEU's for 1,150 both in 10x42. The SLC's were handled but never used still in the box and in flawless condition while the NEU's were new in the box never used. Both sets bought from the same guy on E-Bay. I believe I relenquish my rights to the 10yr warranty even though they came with the warranty cards since he isn't a certified Swaroski dealer but they will still back up their product just with my wallett. I'm very pleased though so far.

ltdann

You got those at great price!! I doubt you'll ever be disappointed with them. I've DFG guys use my swaro's and tell me they're ruined for other bino's. Once you start using them in the field, you'll find you spend more time behind them and seeing more than ever before. Its hard to go back from swaro's.

HOGHUNTER714

Thanks Big B. You can use either when you come to hunt your cow elk this year or buck since I pulled the trigger on both sets. Already got one and the other arrives on Monday. Bought two bino harness/cover buddies off Cabela's too. See you come hunting season.:smiley-mouse:
You know I will be puttin in for at least Elk in your neck of the woods. Don't wanna hijack the thread...Good buy on the Swaro's!!!

spotnstalk26

El's have the bridged design, more ergonomic and lighter, abd yes the frames are stronger, I own a pair of el's myself and will never buy a new pair of binos in my lifetime

Top Bottom