Scanning Pictures

Bowfever

Reaction score
Davered1 brought up a good point on one of his posts about file size.  When I scan a pic in I leave the size set to original and set the resolution at 72dpi and that is it.  Davered suggested using spinwave...   Is there someway that I could change the way I am scanning to reduce the file size or do I need to use a compresser??  I see some others posting pics that are big in size but not big in kbytes...   Any and all response appreciated
Bowfever

davered1

Reaction score
I can't do much with my scanner,I just crunch them.

Also are you scanning .jpg or .gif ? .jpg seems to use less kb's

davered1

Bowfever

Reaction score
davered1

I am using .jpg.  I guess the reason for this post is that I have an option on my scanner to lower the "quality" of the .jpg but that tends to make it grainy...

Are you scanning at 72dpi?
Are you crunching one at a time on the site or did you foot the bill to get the program???

Just curious,  I have tried to get my files smaller but still look really good and it looks like the cruncher program that you have suggested is about the best option...

Thanks
Bowfever

davered1

Reaction score
I can change my dpi as well but leave it at 72,did some at 100 and it uses to much space and not much better.

I only crunch 1 at a time(cheap),spend to much on development charges.1 hour development = $12.88 and 1 week development = $3.88.

Tried ,but I CAN'T WAIT

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom