Sccent Blockers

Richard

Reaction score
I have been looking at some scent blockers and have been told that they don't work.   Then why market them  besides making money.  So, can anyone tell me if they work. I don't want to waste my money on snake oil.

jayber

Reaction score
What do you mean by 'scent blockers' Richard, clothing?  One can't ever be 100% scent-free, but every little bit helps sometimes.  My mom keeps giving me sh*t about washing my clothes in no-scent detergent, showering with no-scent soap, using scent eliminating deodorant, spraying scent eliminating spray, using scent-loc/charcoal clothing, etc.  She thinks it's a hoax.  And maybe she's right......I've had some deer bust me walking downwind, but I've also had others hang around my stand and even walk downwind and not bother.  Either way, I'm not changing what I do/use, but I still play the wind the best I can to be safe.  Hope this was the info. you were looking for.  If not, sorry......wasn't exactly sure what you were meaning.

(Edited by jayber at 7:51 am on Nov. 9, 2001)

Richard

Reaction score
Yes, this helps and is what I am looking for.  I know that no one will ever be scent free, but tring to hide the human smell I believe would help to blend in as much as possible and playing the wind game.

fishhead

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my brother were deer hunting.  We set up on opposite sides of a ridge before sunrise.   There was a very light on and off breeze.  Just after sunrise I heard a noise behind me and thought it was my brother.  It was a black bear.  The bear walked within 10' of where I was sitting and never looked my way (otherwise it woud be a rug).
 I use all the scent free stuff on my camo and store it in a scent proof bag with earth scent disk.

Chuck
PS Never seen a deer

HUNTER12

Reaction score
h.s. scents has an awsome deoderant, u might give it a try

Latest Posts

Top Bottom