Scent control problems

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
I have been storing my tree stands in my shed during the off season; unfortunately I also keep my lawn mower, gas and a lot of other stuff in there.  I wonder if the fabric on my stands is picking up any of those bad smells.  Where does everyone else store their tree stands?  I keep my hunting clothes, boots, ect. In a large rubber-made box with Cedar shavings.  Any advice?
Thanks,   -Scott-

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
FLBowhunter, I keep mine in my shed also but I wrap a plastic garbage bag around mine.Also about a month before I put mine out I put a fresh earth scent wafer in the bag. I put all my stands out about a month before bow season. This seems to work well. i have 12 treestands that I use some climbing and some fixed. Hope this helps.

jayber

Reaction score
I keep my ladder stands stored in a barn (not necessarily scent free).  A couple months before bow season I get them out, check them over, and put them together in the yard.  Sometimes I'll use them to practice out of.  At least a month before season I move them into the woods and spray them down with scent eliminator as I put them up.  I figure the rain will wash the rest of the scent away.  Now, I don't have 12 like TNDEERHUNTER, but if I did I'd still get them out of the woods after season so that they didn't rust away.

Top Bottom