Scent Control?

thehairlessone

Reaction score
I just got to wondering if right before and during deer season you guys take any special precautions with your scent when setting up cams? I always do when hunting but I dont
want to alarm any deer when i have been out setting up my cams that close to season either.

what do you think?

rick

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I use rubber gloves and scent control spray.  Seems to work great.

Terrell

Reaction score
If your cam is water proof, wash it with a scent nuetralizing soap. put it ia a plastic bag. also wear latex gloves to put the cam out in the woods. you should use you personal scent control method on yourself also.   remember, you might think he won,t know you where there , but he will. i wish i had his nose.:stimpy:

woodsman

Reaction score
The scent control spray seems to be a good idea,I'm going to try it,
              thanks

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I put two cam's out tonight trying to get some fawn pics, it's 90+ degrees, and high humidity, I waited until evening...Let's just say there was no chance for scent control tonight, by the time I was done, I had sweat dripping off the camera, and all over the ground around the camera (it's supposed to rain tomorrow). If I put cam's in my hunting locations, closer to bow season, I go through the same precautions as hunting, Scent Lok suit, knee high rubber boots, and lot's of scent killer spray. I don't hunt where I am getting the fawn pic's, it's just local to the house, and I usually get some nice shot's without going through any great pains in the scent reduction area. Once I hang it up, I usually don't go back for at least a week to check it out.

MBullism

Reaction score
My biggest PITA has to be checking the cams without using mosquito repellent. I don't want that smell lingering around my cams... Yesterday I had to stop and change the film in one, the skeets were so thick it sounded like 30 people playin a single violin note!  BBBBBbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........  AAAAHHHhhhh....

(Edited by MBullism at 11:29 pm on June 23, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I probably should take more precautions with Scent but don't.   I put the cam out and hope my instincts have disapated overnight or so.....

I usually leave my cam's out a week at a time or longer, surly my stink is gone in a few days......

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom