scratches during rewind

big tom

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have noticed on the Canon Sure Shot that during the auto rewind, the film canister actually moves a few degrees to the right and that causes the rewind to slow down, as if a partial jam were occuring and the following horizontal scratch lines to show up on the film.  For this picture (note the radio collar and how fat that boy is) I had to press into the back of the camera to get the rewind to completion, which exaggerated the problem, but it has even happened without me pressing in during rewind.  Has anyone else noticed this?  

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Wow, I bet thats Static Electricity sparks too

too bad it happened on the St Bernard Deer, wonder what's in that Keg, Johnny Walker Red?

must be a study going on in your area

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bad camera big tom. I have never seen the rewind mess up on all my cameras but I'm sure they do fail once in a great while.

Too bad on the rewind with that pic, that is a neat pic.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I'd check to make sure I put it back together correctly....missing a screw maybe?  

big tom

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I think Jesse is right- the camera is a bit defective, or maybe the back pressure plate is too tight against the film.  Anyway, the deer was collared by the Washingtion Department of Game, as part of a deer mortality study in my hunting area. It turns out the Cougar population has greatly increased, causing great increases in deer mortality.  They radio collared 27 bucks, mostly of which survived the rifle season.

Fubar

Reaction score
big tom  Thats too bad. Thats a neat pic. Hope you can get it worked out.                 Fubar

CAMOMAN

Reaction score
I HAVE HAD TWO ROLLS DO THE SAME THING.  SEEMS TO ME THEY DID IT WHEN THERE WAS A LOT OF MOISTURE IN THE AIR.  HAD TO TAKE THEM TO WALLY WORLD TO GET FILM OUT OF CAMERA.  ONE ROLL WAS SO MESSED UP I JUST GOT THE NEGATIVES DEVELOPED AND YOU COULDN'T TELL WHAT WAS IN THE PICTURE.  

dharter

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me.  I just kept pressing the rewind button moving the file a little at a time.  That was a mistake!. Many pictures did no turn out and the ones that did were scratched.  I think the problem was caused by moisture.  I wish that I had just brought the camera home and let it dry out.  YOu could also go into a darkroom, open it up, and rewind by hand.

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I've got one of the older OWLS that will leave a line through each picture. I always figured it was due to developing. Gonna have to take a look at it now.

Top Bottom